Windows 10: Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...

Discus and support Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed Windows 11 build 22000.194 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0 using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant two days ago. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Howard J., Oct 9, 2021.

1. Howard J. Win User

Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...

I installed Windows 11 build 22000.194 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0 using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant two days ago. While Settings/System/About shows the correct Windows 11 Installation, the Windows Update History shows only the full Windows 10 Update History prior to the installation of Windows 11 and nothing about Windows 11. The Reliability Monitor deleted all history prior to the Windows 11 install as expected but does not show the actual installation as an informational event.Will the Update History be corrected after the Windows.old directory is automatica

:)

Howard J., Oct 9, 2021

2. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 9, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...

1. Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Update History doesn't

2. Windows 11 - Windows Security Protection History not showing full scan results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Security Protection History not showing full scan results: I'm running Windows 11 on an IBM T14s / i7-1185G7. The laptop is fairly new and doesn't have much installed on it. Three times, I've done the following:Navigated to Virus & Threat ProtectionClicked on "Scan Options" under "Current Threats"Selected "Microsoft Defender...
  3. Windows 11 - Windows Security Protection History not showing full scan results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Windows Security Protection History not showing full scan results: I'm running Windows 11 on an IBM T14s / i7-1185G7. The laptop is fairly new and doesn't have much installed on it. Three times, I've done the following:Navigated to Virus & Threat ProtectionClicked on "Scan Options" under "Current Threats"Selected "Microsoft Defender...
  4. Why is the full Windows 10 update history still displayed after updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the full Windows 10 update history still displayed after updating to Windows 11?: In all prior updates to a new version of Windows, the new version is listed in the first section of the windows update history page under Feature Updates, and the prior version's update history is cleared. After updating to Windows 11, my full Windows 10 update history is...
  5. Why is the full Windows 10 update history still displayed after updating to Windows 11?

Why is the full Windows 10 update history still displayed after updating to Windows 11?: In all prior updates to a new version of Windows, the new version is listed in the first section of the windows update history page under Feature Updates, and the prior version's update history is cleared. After updating to Windows 11, my full Windows 10 update history is...
  6. Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...

Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...: I installed Windows 11 build 22000.194 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0 using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant two days ago. While Settings/System/About shows the correct Windows 11 Installation, the Windows Update History shows only the full Windows 10...
  7. windows 10 update history never shows anything after updates are installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update history never shows anything after updates are installed: windows 10/64 bit never shows anything after any updates are installed and go back into update to check on updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-history-never-shows-anything/2a07f0a5-053d-46b9-9844-e1b0ac6c21ae
  8. Why doesn't Windows Update history show?

Why doesn't Windows Update history show?: windows update history is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-windows-update-history-show/974c1c5a-a7a5-467d-ab7a-36ea1e06be25
  9. why doesn't thw windows update history show?

why doesn't thw windows update history show?: windows update history is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-thw-windows-update-history-show/974c1c5a-a7a5-467d-ab7a-36ea1e06be25
  10. Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it"

Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it": So, I have settings for update activity which determine the time etc when downloads and updates can take place. I have instructed the OS to inhibit notification popups when an application is full screen. And yet right in the middle of a fullscreen application session,...