Windows 10: Windows update history no longer visible.

Discus and support Windows update history no longer visible. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; System updated on 12/6 to version 1909 and then got the latest updates on 1-15-2020. After I ran into some issues with Outlook not downloading emails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gcto, Jan 26, 2020.

1. gcto Win User

Windows update history no longer visible.

System updated on 12/6 to version 1909 and then got the latest updates on 1-15-2020. After I ran into some issues with Outlook not downloading emails and required a cold boot of the machine to "FIX" this haven't found the reason for this yet, I looked at the update history in my Win 10 settings.

They are no longer there or visible. However, they are visible via Control Panel and are also showing up in Control Panel when I click on "uninstall updates" in the Win 10 update history screen.

Have no idea why there are not showing up there...

I decided to do a restore to the time before the latest update 1-15 and a no other previous restore points are available and b when restoring to this point, I get BSOD. Returning to the current pre restore makes the system work again, but Update history is still gone.

Any ideas ?

:)

2. hpup10 Win User

PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro

I have 8 computers on a Network running MS Windows 10 Pro and all of them access a shared folder on a server computer. Now, 2 of the computers are no longer visible on the network after MS updated the computers during the night. The Windows Updates were:
    Update for Windows 10 V1607 KB3211320
    Update for Adobe Flash Windows V10 1607
    Feature Update for Windows 10 v1607

For example, using Windows File Explorer, I would click on "Network" and it would list all of the computers on our network. At that point I would click on the "Server" computer and a list of the folders that I have access to would be displayed. Now, the Server computer is no longer visible on the network using Windows File Explorer. I am confident that the culprit is Windows automatic update because this happened once before on another machine and the problem was resolved after I removed the MS updates.

Does can anyone suggest a solution to my problem which doesn't involve removing the updates? I am reluctant to remove the updates again because I know it is important to remain current and I am worried a subsequent update will cause a repeat of the problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

hpup10, Jan 26, 2020
  3. hpup10 Win User
    PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro

I have 8 computers on a Network running MS Windows 10 Pro and all of them access a shared folder on a server computer. Now, 2 of the computers are no longer visible on the network after MS updated the computers during the night. The Windows Updates were:
    Update For Windows 10 V1607 KB3211320
    Update for Adobe Flash Windows V10 1607
    Feature Update for Windows 10 v1607

For example, using Windows File Explorer, I would click on "Network" and it would list all of the computers on our network. At that point I would click on the "Server" computer and a list of the folders that I have access to would be displayed. Now, the Server computer is no longer visible on the network using Windows File Explorer. I am confident that the culprit is Windows automatic update because this happened once before on another machine and the problem was resolved after I removed the MS updates.

Does can anyone suggest a solution to my problem which doesn't involve removing the updates? I am reluctant to remove the updates again because I know it is important to remain current and I am worried a subsequent update will cause a repeat of the problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

hpup10, Jan 26, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?

They no longer are listed under View your update history page.
    All installed WD definitions go directly to Windows Defender.
    If you open WD and click Update tab at the top, you'll see the latest definition listed as well as the date and time installed.

davidhk, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update history no longer visible. - Similar Threads - update history longer

2. Windows Protection History not Visible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Protection History not Visible: This has been a problem since I first built this computer around 7 months ago. Since then it has never shown me the history. I've tried deleting the files in the Service Folder, running commands in powershell and cmd, toggling on and off windows security, resetting it and...
  3. Windows Protection History not Visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Protection History not Visible: This has been a problem since I first built this computer around 7 months ago. Since then it has never shown me the history. I've tried deleting the files in the Service Folder, running commands in powershell and cmd, toggling on and off windows security, resetting it and...
  4. Windows Protection History not Visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hidden folders no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders no longer visible: After the latest windows update, hidden folders like appdata in file explorer are no longer visible. Not only that, but they can't be set to visible either. Usually this is done through the View-tab, and then checking the "Hidden objects" checkbox, or by going to...
  6. Updates not visible in history or the list of installed updates, also something else.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates not visible in history or the list of installed updates, also something else.: I run the 1909 build, and last Sunday, and now today after a reboot, Windows 10 updated, but when I went to check there was no visible update in the history or the list of installed updates. I'm not having any particular problems, but it bothers me that I can't figure out...
  7. Picture preview no longer visible?

Picture preview no longer visible?: Hi, so for some time now it's been like this with me, that on my win10 the pictures are shown in folders and on the desktop only as this blue photo file icon. it's just extremely annoying because I was once again too lazy to number all the photos, and now I have to search...
  8. Why are thumbnails no longer visible?

Why are thumbnails no longer visible?: Why are thumbnails no longer visible? I have already checked to make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is selected in visual effects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-thumbnails-no-longer-visible/1539ed23-abca-433f-8100-18301cc6116b
  9. Icons No Longer Visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons No Longer Visible: Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic. I have been through the...
  10. Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?: Not sure if it's just me, but for some reason, since the Jan 12 patch Tuesday, I no longer see definition updates for Windows Defender on Windows Update's "View your update history" page. Anyone else noticing this? I, for one, am happy about this change, since those...