Windows 10: Windows update hosed my computer settings

Discus and support Windows update hosed my computer settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a windows update on my machine about 2 weeks ago and there was a restart. When I logged back in it had caused outlook and office pro to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jab##, Mar 18, 2019.

1. jab## Win User

Windows update hosed my computer settings

I had a windows update on my machine about 2 weeks ago and there was a restart. When I logged back in it had caused outlook and office pro to stop working and every time I tried to restart outlook it would go into a repair state that never did fix the problem. My docs folders were read only which is the main reason I don;t like those darn updates. Also some other programs stopped working. D**m it.

I purchased Outlook 2019 from the MS online store. It won't install either. D**M it again.

It seems as though tech support is so D**m difficult to get too.

I played hell getting the docs folder not read only and also tried unlocking other folders that gets locked up for these darn updates. Never had a problem before now, but it has failed in a big way this time by corrupting my smooth running machine STOP LOCKING FILES AND CRAPPING OUT MACHINE.

Dissatisfied and now po'ed.

:)

jab##, Mar 18, 2019

2. Hosed update

I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into Linux. Sounds like a NTLDR problem to me but I don’t know if Win10 still has this.

Suggestions?

Mayagrafix, Mar 18, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update hosed my computer settings - Similar Threads - update hosed computer

2. Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop: I saw a similar post from 5 years ago but could not follow the instructions. Tried to do a clean boot to resolve issues connecting to the yahoo email server and really screwed or up. It wants me to set up another pin, but then tells me I need an app, but no way to get to the...
  3. Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop: I saw a similar post from 5 years ago but could not follow the instructions. Tried to do a clean boot to resolve issues connecting to the yahoo email server and really screwed or up. It wants me to set up another pin, but then tells me I need an app, but no way to get to the...
  4. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This last update hosed my laptop: After this last update auto update my computer has had nothing but problems. The Start menu and Search Box don't work at all. The mouse settings are backwards. And, I can't get to Settings to reverse. Settings are nowhere to be found.I can't tell what Window version was...
  5. This last update hosed my laptop

This last update hosed my laptop: After this last update auto update my computer has had nothing but problems. The Start menu and Search Box don't work at all. The mouse settings are backwards. And, I can't get to Settings to reverse. Settings are nowhere to be found.I can't tell what Window version was...
  6. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. 20H2 hosed my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 hosed my system: This is my wife's computer that I am trying to fix. She works in education and needs her system back. So far ASUS and MS are not a real big help. I cannot go back to the previous windows because we left on a 1 week trip to visit our new grand daughter and come back to a total...
  8. I hosed my Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hosed my Command Prompt: Hi, I was messing around with the color scheme, font size, etc., on the command prompt, and I managed to hose it big time. The screen appears to come up blank. I right click the top bar, and try to change the text color, but it keeps setting it back to black. I have gone...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar: I found out that the Anniversary Update which I downloaded and installed on August 3rd completely hosed all my calendar entries (Windows 10 Calendar App) for the last several years. I have a lot of medical information - not critical, of course - but handy and important for me...
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my compuer was hosed