Windows 10: Windows Update: I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes

Discus and support Windows Update: I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; These last few days my laptop is not accepting Windows 10 updates. I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes ... Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinScicluna, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows Update: I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes

These last few days my laptop is not accepting Windows 10 updates. I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes ...

Can anyone help please?

Thank you, Martin

:)

MartinScicluna, Dec 17, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Windows Update Error 80070490

Guys I've tried everything I can think of to get this update to install... I keep getting this error message:

Code 80070490

Any ideas?

Ravenas, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Update: I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes

Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update: I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes

1. Windows Update: I am getting an error message, Cannot Accept Updates, Undoing changes - Similar Threads - Update getting error

2. I am having problems updating Windows, I get an error message,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having problems updating Windows, I get an error message,: Hello I am running Windows 10 version 21H1 os build 19043.1288, and I am having problems updating Windows, I get an error message, I have signed on as a administrator and looked into services and then looked at the properties tab for Windows update, the service is marked...
  3. I am having problems updating Windows, I get an error message,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems updating Windows, I get an error message,: Hello I am running Windows 10 version 21H1 os build 19043.1288, and I am having problems updating Windows, I get an error message, I have signed on as a administrator and looked into services and then looked at the properties tab for Windows update, the service is marked...
  4. I am having problems updating Windows, I get an error message,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot complete update/Undoing changes: After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system; which I did by following the link provided to Microsoft and downloading the installation file. That solved my problem. However,...
  6. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes: rebuilt my laptop yesterday using Macrium the last build I had made was in January this year therefore need to update software and windows updates. System has updated to 1803 states there is an update for 1903 - download this system reboots - starts to install the update...
  7. windows 10 cannot install updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 cannot install updates undoing changes: I have read through all the threads relating to this issue and none of the solutions have worked and the problem remains unresolved. I see that updates are being installed though as the latest update was this morning. However the annoying message and time delay keeps...
  8. error message: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes.

error message: We could not complete the updates. Undoing changes.: what does this mean? how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-we-could-not-complete-the-updates/90ab5e92-6268-4f50-b79a-558a689309ee
  9. Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes

Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/50db9741-008f-4667-9b76-2ad836874fa6
  10. WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES

WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/6416894d-0801-4306-b28c-3adbb0a0f3f3