Windows 10: Windows Update Ignored My Explicit Future Scheduled Day/time and Installed Anyway

Discus and support Windows Update Ignored My Explicit Future Scheduled Day/time and Installed Anyway in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was informed there was a Cumulative Update (KB4524570) ready to install. I went ahead and set up a deferred day and time to get this done. I left the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrederickBarfoot, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Windows Update Ignored My Explicit Future Scheduled Day/time and Installed Anyway

I was informed there was a Cumulative Update (KB4524570) ready to install. I went ahead and set up a deferred day and time to get this done. I left the PC in Hibernate, and this morning was surprised to see the PC was powered back on, and at the WinRE screen. After trying to System Restore from a Restore Point, I received a looping message saying there were disk errors, then there weren't, then there were. After performing a Power Off, rebooted and the PC went into a check disk, finding nothing wrong. Upon another reboot, everything's looking fine; for now!

Looking at Windows Update, it tells me I'm "Up to Date", so I wonder, what purpose is there in setting up a scheduled off-usage time to install WU's when Windows takes over and ignores that setting?

Further to this, are there some system problems when coming out of Sleep or Hibernate, because I had questionable performance hits on a previous disk, resulting in getting a brand new SSD and doing a Clean Install, and now we're experiencing similar traits on this current Win 10 Build 18362 ???

:)

FrederickBarfoot, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

want to change the fall feature update scheduled install date

Hi Paula,

If the update is available for your Windows 10 device, and you simply want to postpone the installation to a later time, you can quickly change the schedule using these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Update & security.
    • Click on Windows Update.
    • Under "Update setting," click the Restart Options link.
    • Turn on the Schedule a time toggle switch.
    • Select the time and date you want the upgrade to occur (up to six days in the future).

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Nov 13, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 13, 2019
  4. paulaE. Win User

Windows Update Ignored My Explicit Future Scheduled Day/time and Installed Anyway

want to change the fall feature update scheduled install date

It doesn't work. it doesn't let you RESCHEDULE. is there any way to get around this.? It's set for the 7th and I want to change it. very clever of Microsoft. Such control freaks.

paulaE., Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Ignored My Explicit Future Scheduled Day/time and Installed Anyway

1. Windows Update Ignored My Explicit Future Scheduled Day/time and Installed Anyway - Similar Threads - Update Ignored Explicit

2. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  3. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  4. Mpcopyaccelerator.exe time stamp is dated 5 days into the future

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mpcopyaccelerator.exe time stamp is dated 5 days into the future: Is this a valid windows process or malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpcopyacceleratorexe-time-stamp-is-dated-5-days/16f61ac6-6245-4c5e-98a0-9cfe6b076378
  5. Mpcopyaccelerator.exe time stamp is dated 5 days into the future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mpcopyaccelerator.exe time stamp is dated 5 days into the future: Is this a valid windows process or malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpcopyacceleratorexe-time-stamp-is-dated-5-days/16f61ac6-6245-4c5e-98a0-9cfe6b076378
  6. Mpcopyaccelerator.exe time stamp is dated 5 days into the future

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Task scheduler ignoring my settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler ignoring my settings: I recently set up a NAS to use for things like backups and whatnot. Saturday afternoon I set up a task to run my file sync program for weekly at 1AM Monday morning while I am sleeping and my "normal use" programs and whatnot are not running so relevant files can be backed up....
  8. Task Scheduler when login if time of day ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler when login if time of day ?: I want to run a task at a non-specific time of the morning for when the user logs in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-when-login-if-time-of-day/56e12732-8f1b-46ad-bfae-b769b9288be6
  9. Release Schedule for Future Releases

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Release Schedule for Future Releases: I have questions regarding several of your products. I would like to knowthe latest release version for the following products and if you can tell me if you have release dates for each of them? Also, do you happen to have arelease schedule that you follow for new releases?...
  10. Install failing, but not explicitly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install failing, but not explicitly: I have been trying to install Windows 10 on a second drive for about two days. My main OS at this time is Manjaro Linux, but I want to play some of my games with high performance on windows. I have a spare hard drive I was planning to install it on, but for some reason it...