Windows 10: Windows Update ignoring group policy

Discus and support Windows Update ignoring group policy in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iconiu, May 26, 2022.

1. Iconiu Win User

Windows Update ignoring group policy

Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a gpresult that confirms that WU is disabled. The Machines are Windows 10 21H2 after our recent in-place upgrade from 1909. After opening a case with Microsoft, they say our GP looks solid but won't do any additional troubleshooting with 3rd party patch utilities installed. The 3rd party utility insists that they do not lev

:)

Iconiu, May 26, 2022
  2. MadWolfWX Win User

windows 10 auto update ignoring group policy settings

hi

i am running windows 10 pro 64bit and i have used the group policy setting for windows
    Windows automatic Update and changed it to auto download and notify for install but when i open windows update and check for updates it downloads them and then install them ignoring the group policy setting

MadWolfWX, May 26, 2022
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 26, 2022
  4. Windows Update ignoring group policy

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update ignoring group policy

1. Windows Update ignoring group policy - Similar Threads - Update ignoring group

2. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  3. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  4. Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete: Pin complexity group policy doesn't work. This is set to 4 digits minimum with a domain policy and suddenly it stopped working. I tried to set the local policy to 4 digits also just in case. No result. Now it always asks for 6 digits. Even if I set the policy to 8 digits...
  5. Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete

Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete: Pin complexity group policy doesn't work. This is set to 4 digits minimum with a domain policy and suddenly it stopped working. I tried to set the local policy to 4 digits also just in case. No result. Now it always asks for 6 digits. Even if I set the policy to 8 digits...
  6. Windows Update ignoring group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  7. Windows Update ignoring group policy

Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  8. Group Policy - Windows Update issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy - Windows Update issue: Hi, I work for a university and we have our own WSUS server. My GPO gets the Windows Updates from this WSUS. Some of our computers download and install the updates but some of them need to be manually started to Download or Install. Please see the attached screenshots. I am...
  9. Setting Group Policy for Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Group Policy for Windows Updates: I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004 for my home business. I want to set the Features Update schedule to be like the old "CBB" channel Features Updates deferred for a few months after general release. I go into Local Group Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative...
  10. Updating Group Policy Objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating Group Policy Objects: Hello, I have made an application that will run as a service under "Local System" account. I have used "Advanced Installer" to generate installer for my application. The installer produces an exe file, which when run on my PC, works perfectly fine. but when i try to install...