Windows 10: Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized...

Discus and support Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update goes to Fix It, then to External Office Device which has a USB flash with 22.2.GB free and Next goes to Windows needs more space to update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sgtjdc, Mar 11, 2020.

1. sgtjdc Win User

Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized...

Update goes to Fix It, then to External Office Device which has a USB flash with 22.2.GB free and Next goes to Windows needs more space to update and none of the options there Recycle bin, Downloads and Storage Use have anything to be deleted. I have the Print Screens but apparently too big to place in message.

:)

sgtjdc, Mar 11, 2020

2. Update Assistant does not detect External Storage Device

I am currently facing an issue with the update assistant. The problem comes from the prompt as seen from this webpage

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-freeing-up-space-to-install-latest-update

The issue is in "Step 2: Connect an external storage device". It says to
    "Connect your external storage device and wait until you see it in the drop-down list" but the external storage device already connected to my device (and shows up on My PC) is not shown on the drop down list. Can you help?

Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized... c6321704-8541-466f-88a9-ab5e75fbdf04?upload=true.png

Haziq Jamaludin, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update using an external storage device

My HP notebook does not have enough space to allow an update of Windows 10. There is a note on the Update assistant that I need to connect an external storage device, which I did. But the assistant seems to not recognize the device. What is it that I am
    doing wrong?

Roland

RolandBardy, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized...

Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?

Connecting a storage device. It is not recognized by my computer. Suggestions?

MikeDreith, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized...

1. Windows update in a small computer needs more space. External Storage Device is recognized... - Similar Threads - update small computer

2. need more space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need more space: what i can delete from windows folder?? submitted by /u/Frosty_Weird5080 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8oyj4/need_more_space/
  3. Need more space for Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need more space for Windows 10 update: I am trying to update windows 10 but I have only 32 gb memory and I have try to clean up all unwanted files and apps then also I was just able clean up 4 gb space is there any other way to update or I have to by hdd...
  4. win 10 will not recognize external HD/storage devices....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 will not recognize external HD/storage devices....: so trying my external drives on new win 10 machine. both devices worked fine on win 7, every other device I use via this usb connection also work fine. so how can I get win 10 to work fine? I see one of the devices is listed in device manager but cannot get it to actually...
  5. Windows needs more space to update

Windows needs more space to update: Thanks for the suggestions to overcome the space problem previously posted, however, I'm still bemused by this situation: The box says "Free up 1.86Gb" Clicked Recycle - it's empty Clicked downloads -it's empty Clicked Storage use - uninstalled about 10mb of apps...
  6. need more storage space

need more storage space: I have a ASUS E402S and it does not have enough storage for windows 10 to update. What can I do to get more storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-more-storage-space/fdd87d0f-f50a-4a6c-9a11-175805b5cc21
  7. need more storage and disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need more storage and disk space: I am having trouble getting windows 10 downloaded becuz of not having enough space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-more-storage-and-disk-space/5eb28f2b-e81a-4093-8a24-2b60aaeac93f
  8. storage space needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage space needed: help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-needed/bcaf8037-b6bc-4346-a367-ae060f10fa59
  9. Need more storage space on C: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more storage space on C: drive.: Tried deleting all files not needed to free up space on my computer, by using disk cleanup and manually, but my computer continues to tell me more space is needed to update Windows 10 software it only updates 95% of 100%. I don't want to keep going and delete the wrong...
  10. Windows Needs More Space???

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Needs More Space???: Apparently Windows needs more space on my (C:) drive for its latest update. However, when I open the 'Storage Usage' box in 'Settings' it shows that I have 7.39GB of 'Temporary Files'. When I open the 'Temp. file' it shows a total of just a few MB's. Any suggestions? I show...