Windows 10: windows update in settings

Discus and support windows update in settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am updating in settings and I am getting the update to 1803 for some reason, but im already at 1803 i should be getting 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MistyKittenO.O, May 21, 2020 at 3:02 PM.

1. windows update in settings

I am updating in settings
    and I am getting the update to 1803 for some reason, but im already at 1803 i should be getting 1903

:)

MistyKittenO.O, May 21, 2020 at 3:02 PM
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

4. 3Colors Win User

windows update in settings

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update in settings :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

Thema:

windows update in settings

1. windows update in settings - Similar Threads - update settings

2. Updates changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates changing my settings: Only had my Lenovo laptop for 6 months and every time windows updates I lose all my desktop settings and the first time it did it, there was a temporary user installed. None of the options and pre-installed programs on start work. When I click on them nothing happens except...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS: Each time I receive an MS update for MS Edge my computer is reset and I am taken back to the "Microsoft Edge Welcome Page"? I have to continuously rebuild my personal desktop settings and must also re-authorize some of my software applications. I may receive updates 2 or 3...
  4. Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my files, settings and apps with a Windows Update: My computer automatically updated Windows and after the restart I found my files, settings and apps gone. Can you help me recover everything please? I would like my user to be the way it was before the update....
  5. Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings.: Downloaded latest update on laptop and desktop. This changed Google Chrome settings on laptop and whited out shortcut for Google Chrome. How can we fix this easily?...
  6. Windows Update service is set to manual: problem?

Windows Update service is set to manual: problem?: While looking in services, I noticed that Windows Update is set to manual. This might have been indirectly caused by me because I don't want device drivers to be automatically installed which might break my system. But does a manual setting imply that I never receive security...
  7. FINGERPRINT CANNOT SET AFTER UPDATE TO WNIDOWS 10 PRO ON HUAWEI HONOR MAGICBOOK 14

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    FINGERPRINT CANNOT SET AFTER UPDATE TO WNIDOWS 10 PRO ON HUAWEI HONOR MAGICBOOK 14: Hello, I received my Huawei honor Magicbook 14 from the huawei store yesterday. After messing with my volume that cannot combine, and i ended up resetting windows from a usb drive. So after that windows reinstalled and i updated all the drivers and windows. But after...
  8. Can't update windows 10 because the windows update settings keep closing

Can't update windows 10 because the windows update settings keep closing: Can't update windows 10 because the windows update settings keep closing. Any advice appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-because-the-windows-update/db58310e-da23-47ef-a940-a94621089263
  9. PC hangs at "Personalized Setting" after Windows Updates, near-zero functionality

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC hangs at "Personalized Setting" after Windows Updates, near-zero functionality: My wife's PC has been doing this for about 6 months now. This has happened every time she's restarted the machine rather than hibernating it, with a windows update; on restart: - 5-10 minute delay getting to login screen, no "we're getting things ready", - after logging...
  10. HP Laptop restores Factory Settings at EVERY update!!

HP Laptop restores Factory Settings at EVERY update!!: Whenever there is an update for Microsoft, my system resets itself to factory settings and the "Let's Get Started" page displays upon restart. I think the long term answer is going to be a Chromebook or Mac judging by the lack of answers and support for users with similar...