Windows 10: Windows update in Windows settings stuck loading, unusable

Discus and support Windows update in Windows settings stuck loading, unusable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! In my windows settings, the update section is stuck in a permanent loading loop [image]. I'm an advanced user and am very familiar with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tjkline, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Tjkline Win User

Windows update in Windows settings stuck loading, unusable

Hello! In my windows settings, the update section is stuck in a permanent loading loop [image].

I'm an advanced user and am very familiar with Windows. I'd never ask for your help before I researched the problem diligently, and I wouldn't be here unless nothing I tried fixed the problem.

I've tried the following, none of which have worked:

• Windows Update Troubleshooter [OUTPUT: "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem"]
    • Reset windows update history [Stopped wuauserv & AeLookupSvc, deleted %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log, started wuaserv & AeLookupSvc]
    • Reset the Windows Settings App [Ran 2 cmds in PowerShell - Pastebin of the commands and their output]
    • CMD: sfc /scannow [OUTPUT: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"]
    • CMD: DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth [OUTPUT: "No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully"]
    • CMD: chkdsk C: /scan /perf [OUTPUT: "Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems"]

Any solutions and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Tjkline, Jun 24, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 24, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 24, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update in Windows settings stuck loading, unusable - Similar Threads - update settings stuck

2. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading: Hey,I opened Windows Update settings in the Update and Security section, and I am stuck on the loading screen below. No idea what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-settings-stuck-loading/b24eee6a-3e15-41cc-b8e5-01395fdea4e6
  3. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading: Hey,I opened Windows Update settings in the Update and Security section, and I am stuck on the loading screen below. No idea what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-settings-stuck-loading/b24eee6a-3e15-41cc-b8e5-01395fdea4e6
  4. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...: Hello!I am having a major issue with my computer. At first, I was having an issue where when I attempted to open the Minecraft Launcher, it would open the Microsoft Store and the store would be glitchy, flashing in and out and not loading properly. Through a guide from...
  6. Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...: Hello!I am having a major issue with my computer. At first, I was having an issue where when I attempted to open the Minecraft Launcher, it would open the Microsoft Store and the store would be glitchy, flashing in and out and not loading properly. Through a guide from...
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SETTINGS STUCK ON LOADING

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SETTINGS STUCK ON LOADING: WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SETTINGS STUCK ON LOADINGSo I'm trying to open the settings for windows update and it opens and proceeds to load forever without anything happening. How should i fix this? I can't check on updates or update my system. Attaching an screenshot of the issue...
  8. Windows Update not loading in Settings

Windows Update not loading in Settings: Hi, so I've just encountered a problem recently. Windows Update is not loading in Settings. [ATTACH]Can someone please tell me how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-not-loading-in-settings/3b8926e7-e136-4a2b-bbca-a3c84e530c4d
  9. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading: Hey, I was opened Windows Update settings in the Update and Security section, and I am stuck on the loading screen below. No idea what to do.[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10: Windows Update Settings Stuck On Loading..

Windows 10: Windows Update Settings Stuck On Loading..: Hello, My name is Claire and I need your help. You see, whenever I open up settings>Update And Security>Windows Update, it's always stuck on loading. All the others work just fine but this, doesn't. The thing is I saw another question about it here and tried to follow the...