Windows 10: Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

Discus and support Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DZMBA [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DZMBA, Nov 10, 2020.

1. /u/DZMBA Win User

Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

/u/DZMBA, Nov 10, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 10, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old... - Similar Threads - Update including drivers

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. windows update configured to never install drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update configured to never install drivers: That is the result shown after I ran the command prompt msdt.exe -id Device Diagnosticin an attempt to correct an erratic mouse after an update. To my knowledge, drivers were always updated during an update. Is the above setting correct? Or, how to fix it?desktop pc - windows...
  5. windows update configured to never install drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update configured to never install drivers: That is the result shown after I ran the command prompt msdt.exe -id Device Diagnosticin an attempt to correct an erratic mouse after an update. To my knowledge, drivers were always updated during an update. Is the above setting correct? Or, how to fix it?desktop pc - windows...
  6. windows update configured to never install drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. windows updates configured to never install drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows updates configured to never install drivers: How do I enable this? I have had trouble with my touch screen drivers since February and I had no idea this setting was like it was. I am running windows 10 home 64 bit on an HP 23-q113w touch desktop. The OS build is 19042.867 Thanks...
  8. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  9. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  10. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298