Windows 10: Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

Discus and support Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DZMBA [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DZMBA, Nov 10, 2020.

1. /u/DZMBA Win User

Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

/u/DZMBA, Nov 10, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 10, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old... - Similar Threads - Update including drivers

2. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  3. Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Check for Updates include old BIOS update: My laptop has been repaired with new HDD, and updated BIOS 317. As I'm trying to update Windows, it shows that I need to download the old BIOS 312. My Windows is 1809 and I want to update it to 1909 or 2004. What should I do? If I do the update in Media Creation Tool will it...
  4. Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver

Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver: So, as my subject says, I have been having a major issue with Windows Update constantly trying to install an ancient driver for my GPU. I have a driver installed that is as current as I could get, which is at most a month or two old, but every time Windows Update checks for...
  5. Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer

Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer: I simply don't understand why this happens, I replaced an RX580 with an RTX 2060, all good, uninstalled the AMD drivers of the RX580 and installed the new nVidia ones, still after 2 days I found out not 1 but 2 drivers downloaded by windows update for the AMD RX580???. I...
  6. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  7. Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot: For about a year now, a Synaptics Driver /has been installing through Windows Update nearly everyday, or every time Windows checked for Updates. It is the same driver every single time, dated 8/16/2017. [ATTACH] At some point it began restarting my computer every night,...
  8. Windows Update Force install the old driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Force install the old driver: well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return to install the old driver, from amd 18.7.1 back to 17.7, anyone can give me solution? sorry for my bad english....
  9. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298
  10. Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298