Windows 10: Windows update infinite loop and error 0x800706d9 possibly both issues related

Discus and support Windows update infinite loop and error 0x800706d9 possibly both issues related in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In February 2018 I updated to Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS Build 16299.309, ever since, I have had the following issues: 1. Windows update seems to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveB33, Aug 7, 2018.

1. SteveB33 Win User

Windows update infinite loop and error 0x800706d9 possibly both issues related

In February 2018 I updated to Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS Build 16299.309, ever since, I have had the following issues:

1. Windows update seems to have entered into an infinite loop it says "Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to start:"

Check For Updates (button)

But when you click the "Check For Updates" button, I know that it only does 1 security update if at all, then iteratively displays the same message.

I received a notification from Windows itself telling me there is an April 2018 and to install it, but when I click the message it doesn't trigger the update.

2. I tried using the Microsoft Feedback Hub App to inform Microsoft about this problem, but when I try to submit I get the Error:

0x800706d9 there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

incidentally I also get the same error when I try to download any apps from the Microsoft Store, if I choose not to sign in, I receive the error,

"Try again Later". "Something happened at our end" (but I know for sure this is not a problem at their end)

if I choose to sign in I get the 0x800706d9 error.

I found that someone had the same error "0x800706d9" in this community, but because the person who submit the error has stopped responding the thread has been locked preventing any more edits or progress towards a solution, but others have said they have the same error and so its extremely frustrating as it will never get solved. So hence why I have submit this problem.

:)

SteveB33, Aug 7, 2018
  2. NUV
    Nuv Win User

ati2dvag infinite loop error

I have

Processor:
    • AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ (Brisbane)
    • Core Volt:1.336 V
    MotherBoard:
    • Model- RS690-SB600
    • Chipset Ati
    Bios:
    • Pheonix Technologied Ltd.
    • Version 6.00PG
    Graphics card:http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/bga3n/

I am getting a blue screen saying (as far as i can remember)

Code: The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvag The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop[/quote] Any solution to this problem ?

3. Windows To Go Infinite Loop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I suggest you to follow the suggestions provide by the
    Yashwanth Kotakuri replied on
    November 14, 2015 from the below link.

[Solved] Infinite loop blue screen windows 10 0xc000021a

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 7, 2018
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update infinite loop and error 0x800706d9 possibly both issues related - Similar Threads - update infinite loop

2. Possible fix for 0x800706d9

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Possible fix for 0x800706d9: After spending many hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get my Minecraft launcher to work, due to my Windows Store having issues, I found this answer, which worked. I am leaving it here, as in all my searching, I this didn't pull up--and by the amount of help requests,...
  3. Possible fix for 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible fix for 0x800706d9: After spending many hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get my Minecraft launcher to work, due to my Windows Store having issues, I found this answer, which worked. I am leaving it here, as in all my searching, I this didn't pull up--and by the amount of help requests,...
  4. Possible fix for 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. infinite looping of this update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite looping of this update: I have Windows 10 and im using this PC for 2 years now. Before I dont have issues with Windows 10 update just today. I run the update and it will reach 100 percent and will go back to 0 again. I keep doing this for an hour now....
  6. infinite looping of this update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite looping of this update: I have Windows 10 and im using this PC for 2 years now. Before I dont have issues with Windows 10 update just today. I run the update and it will reach 100 percent and will go back to 0 again. I keep doing this for an hour now....
  7. infinite looping of this update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Fix Windows Update error 0x800706d9 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Update error 0x800706d9 on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Error code 0x800706d9 is one of the many Windows update error code you might encounter when trying to install certain updates on your Windows 10 […] This article Fix Windows Update error 0x800706d9 on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x800706d9: This error is preventing updates...what's recommended? RECOMMENED FIXES are for Windows 7 • Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows Insider Preview and Server Technical Preview x64 - March 2016 (KB890830) - Error 0x800706d9 Please help *Banghead 44308
  10. Windows Update error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update error 0x800706d9: So a few days ago I started having issues with Windows Update. It attempts to download but fails after a few seconds. I had security updates to Visual C++, as well as the 1511 Cumulative Update. I kept getting an error message for all three, something like this: • Cumulative...
Tags: