Windows 10: Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

Discus and support Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Issue: Installed Windows Update does not show/list in the Control Panel -> Installed Update. This has been observed every month in multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patch Tuesday, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

Hello,Issue: Installed Windows Update does not show/list in the Control Panel -> Installed Update. This has been observed every month in multiple servers and desktops so obviously this is not a system-level issue and might be as per Microsoft design. We have noticed that after installing Windows Updates like Cumulative Updates, and Monthly Rollups, it asks for a reboot which may default comment. But, after installing an update and might be after rebooting system, the Event says Initiating changes for package KBXXXXXX. Current state is Absent.And the Installed Windows Update does not show/li

:)

Patch Tuesday, Nov 22, 2022
  2. bobalazs Win User

Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.134) KB updates fail to install Solved

Event log

Package KB4471332 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x80070003.

Initiating changes for package KB4471332. Current state is Invalid Installed. Target state is Installed. Client id: UpdateAgentLCU.

A reboot is necessary before package KB4471332 can be changed to the Installed state.

Initiating changes for package KB4471332. Current state is Installed. Target state is Absent. Client id: Software Explorer.

A reboot is necessary before package KB4471332 can be changed to the Absent state.

Package KB4471332 was successfully changed to the Installed state.

Package KB4471332 was successfully changed to the Absent state.

Initiating changes for package KB4483235. Current state is Absent. Target state is Installed. Client id: UpdateAgentLCU.

A reboot is necessary before package KB4483235 can be changed to the Installed state.

Package KB4483235 failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x80070003.

Initiating changes for package KB4483235. Current state is Invalid Installed. Target state is Installed. Client id: UpdateAgentLCU.

Windows update  Initiating changes for package.  Current state is Absent 24cbc0a3-e460-4e5b-b099-d5537954fe73?upload=true.png

And so on.

KB updates fail to install

After reboot, they go up to 30% and reboot and fail, and this happens every day now.

I also downloaded manually and tried to install, same story.

Also ran wureset2.0.bat didn't fix the problem.

also tried reset the Windows Update Components. Didn't fix.

So what's left?

Manual reinstall of windows from image file??

bobalazs, Nov 22, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 22, 2022
  4. malware Win User

Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

1. Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent - Similar Threads - update Initiating changes

2. Package failed to be changed to the Absent state in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Package failed to be changed to the Absent state in Windows: [ATTACH]If the error 0x800f0922, Failed to be changed to the Absent state, troubles you when installing updates in Windows Server, then this post may help. The error message reads: Package KB failed to be changed to the Absent state. Status: 0x800f0922 Fortunately, you can...
  3. Issue Missing Current State value for package:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Missing Current State value for package:...: 2024-01-25 21:40:26, Info CBS Missing Current State value for package: Microsoft-OneCore-DirectX-Database-FOD-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.22621.1, force absent so at least it can be re-installed 2024-01-25 21:40:26, Info CBS Failed to get visibility for package:...
  4. Issue Missing Current State value for package:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Missing Current State value for package:...: 2024-01-25 21:40:26, Info CBS Missing Current State value for package: Microsoft-OneCore-DirectX-Database-FOD-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.22621.1, force absent so at least it can be re-installed 2024-01-25 21:40:26, Info CBS Failed to get visibility for package:...
  5. Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent: Hello,Issue: Installed Windows Update does not show/list in the Control Panel -> Installed Update. This has been observed every month in multiple servers and desktops so obviously this is not a system-level issue and might be as per Microsoft design. We have noticed that...
  6. Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Initiating changes for package. Current state is Absent: Hello,Issue: Installed Windows Update does not show/list in the Control Panel -> Installed Update. This has been observed every month in multiple servers and desktops so obviously this is not a system-level issue and might be as per Microsoft design. We have noticed that...
  7. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  8. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  9. The current state of windows...

10. Windows Updates: Package failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates: Package failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x800f0922: I am trying to install an number of updates and they keeps failing with: Package KBXXXXXXX failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x800f0922 I have tried everything except reinstalling the OS (other updates are installing with out issues) Any ideas Thanks...