Windows 10: Windows Update Insiders

Discus and support Windows Update Insiders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update says I have to manually remove Virtual Box. I don't have Virtual Box installed. I've installed it, tried the update, same message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by {jrinkc}, Jan 22, 2021.

1. {jrinkc} Win User

Windows Update Insiders

Windows Update says I have to manually remove Virtual Box. I don't have Virtual Box installed.

I've installed it, tried the update, same message. Used Control Panel to remove it, same thing. Re-installed it and used Revo to remove it, same thing.

Ideas?

:)

{jrinkc}, Jan 22, 2021

2. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jan 22, 2021
  3. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 22, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update Insiders

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Insiders :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Insiders

1. Windows Update Insiders - Similar Threads - Update Insiders

2. Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange acting Update setting on latest Win 10 insider build. Blank: For some reason, checking for updates after the most recent insider build has it basically going blank where it usually says "checking" or saying "you have the latest update". A bit disconcerting! Anyone else seeing this? 175142
  3. Can't update windows 10 on Insider build.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update windows 10 on Insider build.: Hello. I recently updated to the latest windows insider dev build but from then when I go to windows update I'm getting the error something went wrong, try to reopen settings later. Should I uninstall the windows insider dev build?...
  4. Please help me fix this, i updated to insider dev channel and this happened.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me fix this, i updated to insider dev channel and this happened.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/harshvpandey101x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnbrp9/please_help_me_fix_this_i_updated_to_insider_dev/
  5. Windows fails to install insider updates

Windows fails to install insider updates: Hello, I joined Windows insider dev version couple weeks ago to test it out and it installed the 1st insider update well but for some reason now it keeps showing green screen of death after the computer is restarting. # What I have did - Retried to update insider. -...
  6. Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update

Steam games not opening after latest Windows 10 insider preview dev January 2021 update: Hi I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 Pro. A week back I changed my Windows update ane subscribed to the Insider Preview Dev channel. Everything was working for a day or two and suddenly for the past few days I haven't been able to launch any game from Steam client. I tried...
  7. Insider Preview update stuck at 100% but won't restart URGENT

Insider Preview update stuck at 100% but won't restart URGENT: I was on my computer attempting to update Windows 10 but it keeps on getting stuck at 100% download and it's the last day of support of build. Any Ideas?...
  8. Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi option not available in both taskbar and inside settings after windows update. Network...: OS: Windows 10 Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 So there was an automatic windows update and after the update I cannot access my Wi-Fi at all. I can only access internet via my ethernet cable. I even tried to update my driver. Tried troubleshooter. Restarted multiple...
  9. Windows 10 Insider Update Failed with Error Code 0xc1900101

Windows 10 Insider Update Failed with Error Code 0xc1900101: I am currently on Windows 10 Insider Build 20262.1010. Windows Update automatically installed 20279.1 and asked me to reboot. After rebooting, the update is failed with error code 0xc1900101 shown in Windows Update. Now it keeps retrying and failing every day, which is very...
  10. Live tiles are not working since I updated to Insider preview build 20161 (July 1)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tiles are not working since I updated to Insider preview build 20161 (July 1): [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/pwn3c3lzu6661.png?width=405&format=png&auto=webp&s=997bd911154932ac88a5816944af072f24217d4e I'm on build 21277 and this started happening after updating to build 20161 (when theme awared tiles was introduced). submitted by...