Windows 10: WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS WITH AN ERROR CODE SAYING 'WE COULD'NT COMPLETE THE...

Discus and support WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS WITH AN ERROR CODE SAYING 'WE COULD'NT COMPLETE THE... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MY PC RUNNING ON WINDOWS 20 H2 FAILS TO INSTALL AN UPDATE WITH THE TITLE"2020-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SANJAI KRISHNA, Oct 26, 2020.

1. WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS WITH AN ERROR CODE SAYING 'WE COULD'NT COMPLETE THE...

MY PC RUNNING ON WINDOWS 20 H2 FAILS TO INSTALL AN UPDATE WITH THE TITLE"2020-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4580364.... IHAD CHECKED RESTARTING MANY TIMES ALSO I HAD RAN THE WINDOWS UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTER.BUT IT ALSO DOESNT WORK PLEASE HELP ME GUYS PLEASE

:)

SANJAI KRISHNA, Oct 26, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 26, 2020
  3. JousteR Win User
    WTF! Vista update error code 80070002

I just did this couple of days ago worked fine for me..*Smile WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS WITH AN ERROR CODE SAYING 'WE COULD'NT COMPLETE THE... :)

JousteR, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Boomer Win User

WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS WITH AN ERROR CODE SAYING 'WE COULD'NT COMPLETE THE...

WTF! Vista update error code 80070002

I need more information - Minhajul Hoq
    29-Nov-07 06:12:31

Can you please tell me the error code you receive when you get the update failed message? If it is 80070002 or anything like that, follow these steps:

Well, first of all let me just say that I am not a computer professional. However, I have had the same problem with my 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium (making Microsoft's statement null and void) and I have solved it! Here are the step by step instructions:

1) Go to the Start Menu.

2) Click on Computer.

3) Open up the drive where windows is installed (usually your C drive).

4) Open the Windows Folder.

5) Scroll down a bit and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder (exactly like that).

6) Open the Download folder.

7) Open the Install folder.

8) There sould only be one file there. Right click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

9) After entering an Administrator password, run the installation, using the default values and clicking yes at the license.

10) After the installation is complete (shouldn't take more than a few minutes), restart your computer (as an added precaution, though not necessary).

11) After the computer restarts again, run Windows Update again. It should run as normal. All fixed!

I apologize for Microsoft's ineptitude.

This worked for me guys...

Boomer, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS WITH AN ERROR CODE SAYING 'WE COULD'NT COMPLETE THE...

1. WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS WITH AN ERROR CODE SAYING 'WE COULD'NT COMPLETE THE... - Similar Threads - UPDATE INSTALLATION FAILS

2. We could'nt complete the updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We could'nt complete the updates, undoing changes: Hello, so i've got this problem everytime i update the "Cumulutive update KB5010342" cant really remember, everytime the update is done and ask me to restart i do restart it, but after the "Working on updates 100%" the "We couldnt complete" error comes and after that "We...
  3. We could'nt complete the updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We could'nt complete the updates, undoing changes: Hello, so i've got this problem everytime i update the "Cumulutive update KB5010342" cant really remember, everytime the update is done and ask me to restart i do restart it, but after the "Working on updates 100%" the "We couldnt complete" error comes and after that "We...
  4. We could'nt complete the updates, undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update failed to install with Error Code 0x8024004a

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update failed to install with Error Code 0x8024004a: [ATTACH]There is a simple feature in Windows 10 that lets you check for updates, […] This article Windows Update failed to install with Error Code 0x8024004a first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. we couldn't complete updates error code 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't complete updates error code 0x80070002: ive tryed using the trouble shooter it is not working submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jta7a5/we_couldnt_complete_updates_error_code_0x80070002/
  7. Update failed to install completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update failed to install completely: Windows 10 just updated, but I got this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failed-to-install-completely/a53c4779-e09a-4d5e-8cbc-aad6d8eef000
  8. Windows Update Error - "We could not complete the install because an update service was...

Windows Update Error - "We could not complete the install because an update service was...: Whenever I try to check for updates I get the error mentioned in the title. I have no idea what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-we-could-not-complete-the/6c84830d-a246-41a5-b062-238283d3a1af
  9. Windows 10 automatic update fails with "We couldn't complete the updates"

Windows 10 automatic update fails with "We couldn't complete the updates": Windows performed an automatic update. After the update finished and restarted I got a message "We couldn't complete the updates." Then it backed out the updates. Pending changes to files that were open at the time of the update were lost. Is there something I need to do to...
  10. we could'nt update the system reserved partition.

we could'nt update the system reserved partition.: Error message "We could'nt update the system reserved partition" after running Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-update-the-system-reserved-partition/97a17595-6890-4613-9392-19f51f90a9d5