Windows 10: Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it?

Discus and support Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all I have Windows 10 Home edition (ver 1909). In one of the first Windows Updates after I got this laptop, Microsoft installed the Edge browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by spaceman5, Mar 25, 2021.

1. spaceman5 Win User

Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it?

Hi all

I have Windows 10 Home edition (ver 1909).

In one of the first Windows Updates after I got this laptop,
    Microsoft installed the Edge browser on this computer, without asking me, without me choosing anything.

And that was despite the fact that I already installed a nice browser, which I like and use.
    (Firefox)

Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it? [​IMG]

If I goto the Apps and Features setting page,
    Edge has its Uninstall button Enabled.

So I can click it, and uninstall it,
    the question is If it will stay uninstalled, or will it be again auto-installed by Microsoft, via Windows Update,
    without asking me....

Anyone has experience with this?

Thank you

:)

spaceman5, Mar 25, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 25, 2021
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it?

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it?

1. Windows Update installed Edge. Can I safely Uninstall it? - Similar Threads - Update installed Edge

2. can i uninstall microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i uninstall microsoft edge?: ------ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-uninstall-microsoft-edge/9a5464df-fdd9-4b26-849a-5047bca6246c
  3. can i uninstall microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i uninstall microsoft edge?: ------ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-uninstall-microsoft-edge/9a5464df-fdd9-4b26-849a-5047bca6246c
  4. Can I uninstall Realtek Audio Console safely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I uninstall Realtek Audio Console safely?: It was already installed when I finished installing Windows 10 and from the looks of it I won't ever touch it but do I need it for something important or can I uninstall it safely without it removing my audio drivers or something? submitted by /u/sanijaro [link]...
  5. Can I safely uninstall XSplit Gamecaster?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I safely uninstall XSplit Gamecaster?: I recently purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300 and I've been spending some quality time with it, gently removing the toxic garbage that it was born with. I came across the app called XSplit Gamecaster and a quick google search mentioned that it cannot be safely uninstalled....
  6. Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update: Just got an update and it re-installed Edge on my PC. Not only that it uninstalled Chrome. Raided Chrome for all my links and passwords. I hate any Microsoft browser. They suck. How can I uninstall this crappy Edge ? Tried going through Apps and the Uninstall button is grayed...
  7. Can I safely uninstall MicrosoftOfficeHub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I safely uninstall MicrosoftOfficeHub: I have Office 365 installed on same computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-uninstall-microsoftofficehub/248e0cea-40b0-4941-b811-31ace4eb034e
  8. Which can i safely uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which can i safely uninstall: I'm trying to free up space, besides system files there is apps and games though I deleted everything I downloaded from my C drive to save space. I have 3.25 gb worth of apps and games, all pre-installed. Is there any I can delete that wont effect my computer. If needed I...
  9. Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is uninstalling a Windows update completely safe?: Hello, So the latest 1903 update caused manor audio issues for me when playing video games and i am going to roll back to a previous version. my quesfion is, is unistalling an update completely safe? For example will it result in my computer becoming slower. I am...
  10. Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely?: Hello, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/we...s/9n5tdp8vcmhs Can someone please provide an example of an open source formats commonly encountered on the web? If I don't use Microsoft Edge, Can I uninstall Web Media Extensions safely? Thanks Came [img] 112732