Windows 10: Windows Update Installed Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver

Discus and support Windows Update Installed Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Just wondering is there a way to make windows update stop installing a Graphics Driver from 2017 for my NVIDIA ASUS STRIX GTX 980 graphics card.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NIK1, Nov 11, 2019.

1. NIK1 Win User

Windows Update Installed Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver

Just wondering is there a way to make windows update stop installing a Graphics Driver from 2017 for my NVIDIA ASUS STRIX GTX 980 graphics card.I always uses the latest driver from NVIDIA which works the best for me other than a older 2017 driver.Any help with this greatly appreciated.

:)

2. Unable to install older NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Did you try installing the driver in compatibility mode? Mostly it’s a compatibility issue which many of our customers are facing with NVIDIA.

I would suggest you go through the suggestion by Andre Da Costa for information about the incompatible Graphics Card and check if it helps.

Graphics card not compatible with Windows 10?

If still the issue persists then I suggest you to go to manufacturer’s website install the graphic drivers for windows 10 and if it is not available then you can install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 11, 2019
  3. rbockman Win User
    Windows 10 update keeps installing an older driver for my Nvidia graphics card. Help please.

<Original Title: Nvidia graphics card>

Windows 10 update keeps installing an older driver for my Nvidia graphics card. How can I stop update from doing this?

rbockman, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Windows Update Installed Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver

Windows 10 keeps updating an older graphics driver

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

• What is the make and model of your machine?
    I suggest you to enable the integrated graphics in the control panel of the Nvidia
    and check if it helps.

• Did you try updating the Graphics card which you have installed recently?
    Refer: How to update the display driver from device manager

This issue might have caused due to incompatibility of the display card with your machine. I suggest you to check with the manufacturer if the display card is compatible with you system and check if it helps.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Installed Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver

1. Windows Update Installed Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver - Similar Threads - Update Installed Older

2. Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers: I am running the latest Windows 11 and find Windows Update always wants to install Intel Corporation - Display driver 26.x. While Intel Driver and Support Assistant DSA wants to always install Intel Iris Plus Graphics driver 31.0.101.2121. Windows Update wins because it is...
  3. Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers: I am running the latest Windows 11 and find Windows Update always wants to install Intel Corporation - Display driver 26.x. While Intel Driver and Support Assistant DSA wants to always install Intel Iris Plus Graphics driver 31.0.101.2121. Windows Update wins because it is...
  4. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver: SYSTEM-Alienware m17 R3Device name Gen6 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020 OS build 19043.1706...
  5. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver: SYSTEM-Alienware m17 R3Device name Gen6 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020 OS build 19043.1706...
  6. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update trying to install older graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update trying to install older graphics driver: Windows 10 version 20H2 is trying to install a 2017 Intel graphics driver which will overwrite the 2020 version and cause previously fixed sign out issues to reoccur. How do I stop this now that the 'howtohide' diagnostic cabinet has been moved or deleted Error 404? Lenovo...
  8. Windows Update Installes Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Installes Older 2017 NVidia Graphics Driver: Just wondering is there a way to make windows update stop installing a Graphics Driver from 2017 for my NVIDIA ASUS STRIX GTX 980 graphics card.I always uses the latest driver from NVIDIA which works the best for me other than a older 2017 driver.Any help with this greatly...
  9. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver: Windows 10 - 17134.191 Update insists installing and older Intel Graphics driver over the manually installed newest version available. Only started doing this recently. How do I stop this from happening? [img] [img] 115580
  10. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver: Windows 10 - 17134.191 Update insists installing and older Intel Graphics driver over the manually installed newest version available. Only started doing this recently. How do I stop this from happening? [img] [img] 115580