Windows 10: Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

Discus and support Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently just booted my old laptop which was not turned on for a few years now. So Windows Update started downloading the latest versions of Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Himanshu Sharma418, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

I recently just booted my old laptop which was not turned on for a few years now. So Windows Update started downloading the latest versions of Windows. It installed an update, "2020-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4480730", which is an update from 2020. But right after restart it started installing another update which said "2018-08 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4073543".If I install this update, will this roll back to an older version or it adds updates to the current version while keeping the previous version as well?

:)

Himanshu Sharma418, Jan 22, 2022
  2. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Jan 22, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

Installing an older version of Windows Defender...

Yes. Windows update will not install an older definition over your newer one. It will report that there was 'a problem installing the update, would you like to try again?' and after that will correctly report that you are up to date.

Thema:

Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

1. Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one - Similar Threads - Update installing older

2. Trying to install a older version Wi-Fi driver, but a newer already instaled prevents me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install a older version Wi-Fi driver, but a newer already instaled prevents me to...: Hi!I am trying to install a older version driver to my TP-Link AX3000 wi-fi card, but the newer version prevents me to do so.I have tried deleting all drivers, restarting and reseting all network adapters... and nothing workesThe newer driver does not work with my WiFi card...
  3. Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one: I recently just booted my old laptop which was not turned on for a few years now. So Windows Update started downloading the latest versions of Windows. It installed an update, "2020-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4480730", which is an update...
  4. Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update installing an older version after a newer one: I recently just booted my old laptop which was not turned on for a few years now. So Windows Update started downloading the latest versions of Windows. It installed an update, "2020-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4480730", which is an update...
  5. Legacy & UEFI Boot on Older vs Newer versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy & UEFI Boot on Older vs Newer versions of Windows 10: Hello!We have a issue at work with our MDT 2013 production server.We were running a older version of Windows 10 ADK on our WDS server, were we could deploy etc. Windows 10 1703.Then we made a new image with Windows 10 20H2, but we couldnt deploy it on the server, then we...
  6. Legacy & UEFI Boot on Older vs Newer versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legacy & UEFI Boot on Older vs Newer versions of Windows 10: Hello!We have a issue at work with our MDT 2013 production server.We were running a older version of Windows 10 ADK on our WDS server, were we could deploy etc. Windows 10 1703.Then we made a new image with Windows 10 20H2, but we couldnt deploy it on the server, then we...
  7. Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of newer version of Windows 10 in an old pc which is running on older version...: I am using dell laptop bought in 2012,it used to run on windows 7 before and it was a bit slow so i gave it to format to windows 10.It has been formatted to the older version of windows 10.It is just a bit slow in this version.Now can i update it to the latest version of...
  8. updating to a newer version of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating to a newer version of windows: Hi all. I am having a real issue with my Asus Notebook that is driving me nuts. I keep getting a message that advises my current version of windows will soon be too old and will have support withdrawn so I was trying to update my notebook to a newer windows version. No...
  9. Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updater used newer version before an older one which caused bugs: Hello,I had to rollback my windows from February's version because of bugs (I used the update assistant), while waiting for the March update. Yesterday it appeared so I had the February's one and March's one (total of two updates in the same time). The problem is that it used...
  10. Can a newer Windows 10 repair an older one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can a newer Windows 10 repair an older one?: Hello. After a lot of research, I've just get to the point that I need the iso bootable on my usb to acces the command prompt and fix my current Windows Version. But my question is if I can just use the 1909 iso to fix my 1803 current installation. I just need the bootloader...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2020 update for windows 10 1703 for x64-based systems (kb4480730)