Windows 10: Windows update installing stuck at 20%

Discus and support Windows update installing stuck at 20% in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello everyone, i recently got the 20h2 update and it always got stuck at 20%, im thinking of just stopping the update and never update again but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RusselDelacruz, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Windows update installing stuck at 20%

hello everyone, i recently got the 20h2 update and it always got stuck at 20%, im thinking of just stopping the update and never update again but i heard that updating windows improves performance and security. I wanna know how to fix this 20% stuck so i would be able to continue updating it.

:)

RusselDelacruz, Oct 21, 2021

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 21, 2021
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows update installing stuck at 20%

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows update installing stuck at 20%

1. Windows update installing stuck at 20% - Similar Threads - update installing stuck

2. Windows Update stuck at 20%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck at 20%: I'm having a problem with Windows Update, it's always stuck at 20%, using 10-20% CPU all the time and I can't turn off or restart the computer. After trying to solve the problem some times Windows Update gave me the error 0x800706BE. I'm using windows 10.I tried typing Dism...
  3. Windows Update stuck at 20%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update stuck at 20%: I'm having a problem with Windows Update, it's always stuck at 20%, using 10-20% CPU all the time and I can't turn off or restart the computer. After trying to solve the problem some times Windows Update gave me the error 0x800706BE. I'm using windows 10.I tried typing Dism...
  4. Windows Update stuck at 20%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 install stuck at 20%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install stuck at 20%: I tried to update my WIN 10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 to WIN 11. I have a new CPU with TPM and UFEI enabled. WIN 11 downloaded and installed OK in the WIN 10 Update screen. Then as expected, I got a restart and a black installation screen everything looked good until...
  6. Windows update installing stuck at 20%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update installing stuck at 20%: hello everyone, i recently got the 20h2 update and it always got stuck at 20%, im thinking of just stopping the update and never update again but i heard that updating windows improves performance and security. I wanna know how to fix this 20% stuck so i would be able to...
  7. Windows update installing stuck at 20%

Windows update installing stuck at 20%: hello everyone, i recently got the 20h2 update and it always got stuck at 20%, im thinking of just stopping the update and never update again but i heard that updating windows improves performance and security. I wanna know how to fix this 20% stuck so i would be able to...
  8. Windows update stuck 20%

Windows update stuck 20%: Same me too I used a desktop HP computer that had windows updates 20h2 had stuck 20% I just paused automatically I done to windows update service stop, start and restart then rebooted the desktop computer and I did not use much on the desktop I once used it I think there was...
  9. Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing: Any help on this? My build is 2004. I did run the troubleshooter while it is stuck, it said server registration is missing or corrupted and it is fixed. But still, it is stuck....
  10. Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing: I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-version-20h2-is-stuck-at-20/9937d59d-e712-41bf-9617-c6890c191748