Windows 10: Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

Discus and support Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update windows but it's asking me to uninstall Avast which I believed I took off my system some time ago. It doesn't show up anywhere on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ILWP45, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ILWP45 Win User

Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

I'm trying to update windows but it's asking me to uninstall Avast which I believed I took off my system some time ago. It doesn't show up anywhere on my PC. How can I bypass this or remove the remnants of Avast?

Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a... c9296611-90d6-49df-8644-9c942c959ab6?upload=true.jpg

:)

ILWP45, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Billt4G Win User
    Uninstalled programmes

Is there any way to list recently uninstalled programmes?

I'm using Windows 10 Home 1709

Billt4G, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

Unable to uninstall an app

First of all, I haven't tried any troubleshoot steps.

I tried to uninstall it at control panel.

Now, from the list of programmes at the control panel, the app has disappeared (I don't know if it has uninstalled) but the folder of the app is still on the start menu app list.

How do I delete the folder from the list of apps on the start menu.

Thank you.

DanielAnkamah Mensah, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

1. Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a... - Similar Threads - update asking manually

2. Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates - [Ask an administrator to uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates - [Ask an administrator to uninstall...: With Microsoft updates moving from View installed updates in Control Panel to Settings > Windows Update > Update History. Windows 11 – 22H2 BuildHas anyone been able to figure out how to elevate permissions Run as Administrator to have the ability to uninstall a Windows...
  3. Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates - [Ask an administrator to uninstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates - [Ask an administrator to uninstall...: With Microsoft updates moving from View installed updates in Control Panel to Settings > Windows Update > Update History. Windows 11 – 22H2 BuildHas anyone been able to figure out how to elevate permissions Run as Administrator to have the ability to uninstall a Windows...
  4. Manually uninstalling game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually uninstalling game: After a long struggle with downloading and getting Forza Horizon 5 to finally run, It broke down again after playing for a few hours. I tried to "reset" the save file through the windows app window, which resulted in all my apps now showing Forza as uninstalled. The game is...
  5. Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox: Hello, the app keeps asking me to uninstall VB when i don't have it installed anymore, i have already tried to check the registry but i can't seem to find it and also i've used the AppRPS but it shows 12 empty instances of this:...
  6. Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue. In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing...
  7. Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue. In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing...
  8. Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme

Uninstall Edge UPDATE, not the Programme: I have read this thread. I want to uninstall the Edge update that automatically installed last night. I do NOT want to uninstall EDGE. My current version with this update is 81.0.416.81 64 bit. All my Favourites have reverted to a list I haven't used since the Internet...
  9. Issues With Manually Uninstalling Apps

Issues With Manually Uninstalling Apps: Hello, I am trying to update Windows to Windows 10 Version 1909, but two apps are stopping me, Mcaffee endpoint security and endpoint security threat prevention. I downloaded the uninstaller off costumer support and manually uninstalled them, but I still can not download....
  10. uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc: I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A PROGRAMME. All goes well I hit the uninstall button when up pops a message saying ' Please wait until the current program has...