Windows 10: Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version

Discus and support Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question about cancelling updates in my Windows Update. Ever since I updated to the new version of Windows to look at the new Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JesseDT, Jun 15, 2019.

1. JesseDT Win User

Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version

Hello, I have a question about cancelling updates in my Windows Update.

Ever since I updated to the new version of Windows to look at the new Xbox Beta stuff discussed at this year's E3, my computer has been struggling with updates. Namely, it has been trying to install an update at least one version older than the current at the time of this post. My current version is 1.295.748.0, and the version Windows Update is trying to install is 1.295.640.0.

Is there any way to delete this update? If not, do I need to try to delete my current version and work my way back to through updates? Any help is appreciated.

:)

JesseDT, Jun 15, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jun 15, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jun 15, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update is attempting to update Windows Defender Antivirus to an older version - Similar Threads - Update attempting update

2. Windows Update to Older Driver Version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update to Older Driver Version?: Why does Microsoft's Windows Update automatically update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4032 dated 12/21/2022 over Dell's version 31.0.101.4575 dated 7/11/2023 which is older?...
  3. Windows Update to Older Driver Version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update to Older Driver Version?: Why does Microsoft's Windows Update automatically update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4032 dated 12/21/2022 over Dell's version 31.0.101.4575 dated 7/11/2023 which is older?...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  6. Windows Defender In Older Windows Version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender In Older Windows Version: After end of support, is windows defender in control panel still green not red long time? For windows Xp, 7 and 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-in-older-windows-version/3c8a9a2c-40c4-4b2d-9b51-7802bc4d8b5a
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update: Hello. I am here with another problem with my laptop. I am using Windows 10 build 1809 too. I want to install build 1909, but as I do so, it does say Windows Defender is pending an update, and after lots of minutes, even almost an hour, it gets stuck on: "Security...
  8. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 version updates no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 version updates no...: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 version updates no longer happen daily on my desktop, but they do still update on my laptop with the same windows installed. Whats up with Microsoft and the lack of customer care in the past year?...
  9. Window defender antivirus update not updating

Window defender antivirus update not updating: Window defender antivirus update not updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-antivirus-update-not-updating/13902d0b-f830-443e-ab42-6c06fcba69ae
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus not Updating

Windows Defender Antivirus not Updating: Windows Defender Antivirus is not getting update and showing message of Virus and Spyware Definitions could not be installed. Please Provide me Suggestion.[ATTACH]...