Windows 10: Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my...

Discus and support Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have this problem for days now, and don't know how to resolve it. I kept ticking "Metered Connection" on & off and still, caught Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MGPlayz19, Apr 28, 2019.

1. MGPlayz19 Win User

Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my...

I have this problem for days now, and don't know how to resolve it. I kept ticking "Metered Connection" on & off and still, caught Windows Update Downloading in the background.

- - - - - - - PC SPECS - - - - - - -

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Version: 1803 Build 17134.706

Updates caught in the background:

- Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-04

- Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809

:)

MGPlayz19, Apr 28, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 28, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 28, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my...

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update is automatically downloading updates in the background, even if I set my... - Similar Threads - Update automatically downloading

2. Does windows automatically download updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows automatically download updates?: HiDoes windows automatically download updates? Or do I need to go into settings and do it manually every so often?This is for both windows 10 and 11.Many thanks...
  3. Windows downloads & installs updates even if I pause updates [HELP]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows downloads & installs updates even if I pause updates [HELP]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/josephbinoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikfwte/windows_downloads_installs_updates_even_if_i/
  4. updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates are "Pending Download" even when configured to download and isntall automatically: We have a WSUS server and use Group Policies to push out our settings to client PCs. All of our client PCs are Windows 10 v1903, and the server is 2012R2. We use the automatic updates setting to automatically download and install at a scheduled time option 4 and the...
  5. automatic update in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic update in settings: where do i see the option to install automatic updates? I am given the "pause" option, but not the automatic update one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update-in-settings/1ca0651c-d6a8-4d64-999b-d7e9dc511f8c
  6. windows update 'Automatically Download Updates'

windows update 'Automatically Download Updates': In settings-wndows update-advanced options. When I try to select 'Automatically Download Updates' the slider just returns to the off position. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-automatically-download-updates/0e0f6b58-f8b6-4f22-abf2-4e27b8d2e120
  7. Set specific time to download automatic updates

Set specific time to download automatic updates: I have limited bandwidth via my satellite ISP, (EXELL); and it is the only ISP available here. I need to set the update download time for the Free Zone: 3:00 am to 6:00 am. I am unable to find an option to make this selection in the Update settings. With two Windows 10...
  8. Can't "Automatically download updates, even ..."

Can't "Automatically download updates, even ...": I select the auto update but it changes itself back right before my eyes. I think this has been going on for a long time. Can you help me fix this? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Update Downloading W10 Automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Downloading W10 Automatically: Shortly after the "Get Windows 10" icon appeared in the system tray of my Win 8.1 installation, I made the mistake of clicking on the "Get Windows 10" icon and "reserved" my copy of Windows 10. After some research, I elected to cancel my reservation for Windows 10 and did so...
  10. automatic background downloads running?

in Windows 10 Support
    automatic background downloads running?: i got windows installed in my pc since like a week , i turned my updates off even via DOS . but still my windows is downlaoding some random bulk file automatically which i can monitor on NetMeterEvo, and these automatic downloads r taking all of my bandwidth traffic and i...