Windows 10: Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...

Discus and support Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I noticed that Windows Update tries to install KB2267602, even though Defender already installed that particular version of the update, resulting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Stargate38, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...

I noticed that Windows Update tries to install KB2267602, even though Defender already installed that particular version of the update, resulting in Windows Update throwing an error.

Windows Update output:
    Code: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.249.380.0) - Error 0x80070643[/quote]
    Info from Defender's "Protection updates" page:
    Code: Threat definition version: 1.249.380.0 Version created on: 2:48:19 PM : Friday, July 28, 2017 Last Update: 2:48:19 PM : Friday, July 28, 2017[/quote]
    How do I disable Defender's built-in auto-update so that Windows Update can install it without throwing that error?

:)

Stargate38, Jul 29, 2017
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Win 10 updates

Hello,

Sorry to barge in thinking that I could also help. Windows Defender's auto-update is dependent with the
    Windows Update services, together with Windows Update. If Windows Update is set as automatic (as recommended by Windows), the Windows Defender Virus Definition will be automatically updated.

Launching Windows Defender will automatically lead you and recommend to update its definition when needed. On Windows 10 Home Edition, Windows Update will update automatically as default.

The issue happened, most likely, because of the conflict on trying to update while the app is actively doing a task. The resources being used by MSE are same resources needed to be used by Windows Defender.

All the bests.

Marc Cai, Jul 29, 2017
  3. Windows update_1900101 Windows 10

I haven't been able to install Windows 10 due to the following error: C1900101-20017. Any idea what this is and does it mean I'm out of luck?

Windows update-1900101, Jul 29, 2017
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...

Stargate,

• Every Windows defender definitions update is called KB2267602.
    • Windows defender uses Windows update to do its updates automatically.
    • As you already know, Windows defender also allows you to update through the Windows defender UI.

Whatever the cause of your current problem, it is not a clash between Windows & Windows defender running updates independently [there is no such thing as Defender's built-in auto-update].

Denis

5. I just now tried by setting my connection as metered (to stop most updates), then I checked for updates. It said that a new definition update (1.249.505.0) was available, but when I disabled the metered connection setting to allow it to download, it went all the way through the download and install, reaching 100%, but then I got the 0x80070643 error again. So I went into the Defender app, clicked check for updates, and got this:

Code: Error code: -2147023293 Error description: Fatal error during installation[/quote] How do I fix this? I checked and 0x80070643 in hex is equivalent to -2147023293 in 32-bit signed integer format, so it's the same error code, just in a different format. All the other Windows updates work fine, it's just the KB2267602 updates that throw this error.

I found someone else having the same problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-6f7b80755cb5. I followed the link on page 9, downloaded and installed the updated definitions manually (1.249.505.0), and checked in the Defender app. It says it's up to date, but Windows Update still tries to download and install the version I just installed, resulting in the above error.

Stargate38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...

1. Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update... - Similar Threads - Update conflicting Defender's

2. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  3. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  4. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Defender no longer auto updating since last Windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender no longer auto updating since last Windows update: I noticed that Windows Defender has stopped delivering auto updates.This started either after the Oct big Windows update.I tried some hints found at online forums, but it guess these where all older posts that no longer apply for the current issue, none of them fixed the...
  6. Windows Defender Auto Updates

Windows Defender Auto Updates: Hello I wan't to know how I can disable the windows defender auto updates,because for me is bad the windows defender updates every day,my notebook have low ram,and the updates make this worse,someone can help me?...
  7. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  8. windows update conflict

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update conflict: I am trying to update windows keeps telling me to uninstall avast have done this tech support at avast did it as well still won't update do you have a patch for this?...
  9. After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender

After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender: I installed the Creator Update yesterday. Today I noticed Defender didn't update definitions. I opened the Security Center, and it's reading my installed Malwarebytes 3 Premium as "..other antivirus provider.." [img] [img] Before the update, I was under the impression...
  10. Windows Defender Auto Update?

Windows Defender Auto Update?: Did windows defender perform auto update and auto scan daily? Since i noticed it is quite often that the definition is outdated and i need to updated it manually. 32798