Windows 10: Windows Update is disabled but updates still happening. How to shut off?

Discus and support Windows Update is disabled but updates still happening. How to shut off? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have every place off concerning Windows Update but in the update history, it shows 4 updates in the past week. It shows 2.9 GB have come from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gwoiler, Oct 15, 2019.

1. gwoiler Win User

Windows Update is disabled but updates still happening. How to shut off?

I have every place off concerning Windows Update but in the update history, it shows 4 updates in the past week. It shows 2.9 GB have come from Microsoft. How do I stop this? I have limited bandwidth and don't want any updates taking place unless I approve. Thanks for your help.

:)

gwoiler, Oct 15, 2019

2. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows Update is disabled but updates still happening.   How to shut off? :)

Thermopylae_480, Oct 15, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Windows Update is disabled but updates still happening. How to shut off?

Windows updates...

You cant just disable it anymore.
    djlizard.net

*Toast :toast:

wazzledoozle, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update is disabled but updates still happening. How to shut off?

1. Windows Update is disabled but updates still happening. How to shut off? - Similar Threads - Update disabled updates

2. How to shut off microsoft updates ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to shut off microsoft updates ?: every week I go thru this. Windows does updates, then all the machines are broken. Takes me the rest of the week to fix them all, how do we stop windows updates ?I have 40 machines that I have to repair every time windows does updates.How do we fix this ?...
  3. How to shut off microsoft updates ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to shut off microsoft updates ?: every week I go thru this. Windows does updates, then all the machines are broken. Takes me the rest of the week to fix them all, how do we stop windows updates ?I have 40 machines that I have to repair every time windows does updates.How do we fix this ?...
  4. How to shut off microsoft updates ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to shut off windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to shut off windows updates: I have asked this question hundreds of times, with no solution.So, I have disabled windows update services, even removed WSUS to break windows updates. Windows continues to update.I don't think Microsoft understand how crippling windows updates makes machines. I bought an...
  6. How to shut off windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to shut off windows updates: I have asked this question hundreds of times, with no solution.So, I have disabled windows update services, even removed WSUS to break windows updates. Windows continues to update.I don't think Microsoft understand how crippling windows updates makes machines. I bought an...
  7. I shut off Windows Update in Services and it still downloads and wants to install updates ,...

I shut off Windows Update in Services and it still downloads and wants to install updates ,...: I am so sick of this .... I have Limited Bandwidth , and these GARBAGE DOWNGRADES that Microsoft FORCES ON US , is getting old , they are HUGE and USELESS .....it already used 90% of my bandwidth for the entire month on that STUPID USELESS Feature DOWNGRADE last month that...
  8. How to disable shut down and UPDATE button on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable shut down and UPDATE button on windows?: I have tried disabling windows updates on services but still have it. Thanks submitted by /u/Ideateprocyon7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ml46tp/how_to_disable_shut_down_and_update_button_on/
  9. Shut off Windows Updates

Shut off Windows Updates: I have had It with the wondows updates. When they install themselves they turn on a bunch of setting they turn off tirned off because they crash my machine. The cause a lot of problems I wasn’t having before or the updates cause my computer to crash. Worst yet when I jump...
  10. Update and shut off

Update and shut off: Hi I'm hamza I have problem last night I was updating my laptop windows 1803 to 1903 everything is ok but when the update start its freeze and still on 0% then my laptop shutdown automatically after shutdown I turn it on and it says "undoing changes made to your computer"...