Windows 10: Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

Discus and support Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have an i5-8500 installed on a Gigabyte B360 D3H rev 1.0 Motherboard (OS- Win 10). When it comes to Graphics Driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarmadyotaMohanty, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:27 AM.

1. Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission c3f46141-cd99-48b6-89c2-fc88056ec834?upload=true.png

I have an i5-8500 installed on a Gigabyte B360 D3H rev 1.0 Motherboard (OS- Win 10). When it comes to Graphics Driver, I can install the official latest Intel's UHD 630 Driver with Intel Driver and Support Assistant without any hassle and it performs well. But then after an hour or so, Windows Update kicks in and starts updating the drivers ( downgrades the driver version ).

Ok I agree that it's a good thing that Windows provides driver updates so we won't have to rely on 3rd parties for updating them but at least update the drivers from your side. The v6444 is probably 4+ months older than v6618.

Is there any way I can install the latest drivers without the interference of Windows Update

:)

KarmadyotaMohanty, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:27 AM
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:28 AM
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Thema:

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

1. Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission - Similar Threads - Update Downgrading Latest

2. Windows update without Permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update without Permission?: Last night left computer running, because it was connected to automation printer which ran program directly from computer. Woke up found that my PC has been restarted because of some small update. Whole 8 hour printing work gone and materjal lost from it? Seriously whose...
  3. Programs run without user permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs run without user permission.: I apologize for the text on bad English. I'm not from England. Briefly. I constantly see that the programs are started and run: Calculator, Microsoft Text Input Application, Options, Edge browser, Search. My computer has a daily security update. This is a gaming home...
  4. Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update downloads new driver software for my display without permission: I am having issues with Windows Update, it downloads and installs new driver software for HD 630 and doesn't let me disable that. I don't want to update it because the old driver allows for display overclocking which is a great feature since my display goes up to 100Hz. At...
  5. how to get windows updates without driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get windows updates without driver updates?: Someone who does not have internet connection at home wants to bring me his hard drive from his desktop computer, so I can install a program on it. Assuming I can get it to boot on my hardware (I have had pretty good luck with that in the past), I don't want windows to...
  6. Windows Update download latest driver issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update download latest driver issues: I plan to download the drivers from my manufacturer website, and then update it via windows update later. I wasn't sure if after updated the drivers via windows update automatically, then install back the old drivers via my manufacturer has cause conflict or not. UPDATED:...
  7. Trying to downgrade the latest HP Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to downgrade the latest HP Bios: Hi. So i've been to the HP support forum and they are nice but so far haven't really been all that helpful. I'm still stuck. The issue is I recently updated to the latest bios for my HP -15 laptop, F38 by insyde, and since I've done that the machine has gotten...
  8. Windows 10 installed without permission!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 installed without permission!: I reserved, a log time ago, Windows 10 for my Desktop but never activated it nor set a date for activation after an aborted upgrade to 10 on a laptop shortly after the 29th July. Yesterday evening, I booted up my Dell Desktop (running 8.1), entered my password and Windows...
  9. Downgrade without backup

Downgrade without backup: I recently purchased a Hp Pavillion laptop pre-installed with Windows 10. I like Windows 10 because it is simple and to the point. However, I am interested in using certain software like StarDock & such, but it is not compatible with Windows 10. Since my computer came...
  10. How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery

How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery: My computer's been a mess since I bought it from a pawn shop. It was working perfectly when I bought it, but when I tried to reset it it crashed and continually started restarting. I fixed it, but after that I found my computer was 32 bit with a 64x bit processor, so I tried...