Windows 10: Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

Discus and support Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have an i5-8500 installed on a Gigabyte B360 D3H rev 1.0 Motherboard (OS- Win 10). When it comes to Graphics Driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarmadyotaMohanty, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission c3f46141-cd99-48b6-89c2-fc88056ec834?upload=true.png

I have an i5-8500 installed on a Gigabyte B360 D3H rev 1.0 Motherboard (OS- Win 10). When it comes to Graphics Driver, I can install the official latest Intel's UHD 630 Driver with Intel Driver and Support Assistant without any hassle and it performs well. But then after an hour or so, Windows Update kicks in and starts updating the drivers ( downgrades the driver version ).

Ok I agree that it's a good thing that Windows provides driver updates so we won't have to rely on 3rd parties for updating them but at least update the drivers from your side. The v6444 is probably 4+ months older than v6618.

Is there any way I can install the latest drivers without the interference of Windows Update

:)

KarmadyotaMohanty, Apr 16, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

1. Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission - Similar Threads - Update Downgrading Latest

2. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  3. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  4. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  5. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  6. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Automatic Update without permission

Automatic Update without permission: Why did my laptop just initiate a looooong update without my permission?I’m in the middle of completing an assignment. I have limited time because I’m a parent and I work as well as study. I finally have a short amount of time to myself and my computer goes into updates with...
  8. Hp Laptop Updates drivers without permission

Hp Laptop Updates drivers without permission: Computer: Laptop HP G250 G7 8 GB RAM Intel i3-1005G1 10th generation SSD M.2 256gb Windows 10 Home 20H2 Portuguese Installed: 2021/02/04 OS Compilation: 19042.844 Experience: Windows Feature Pack 120.2212.551.0 I have noticed that on Windows Updates appeared in blue...
  9. Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.: I have a TP Link T4U that I use to connect to wifi. Recently, its 5ghz band stopped working properly and I found out that whenever I try to connect to a 5ghz connection, Windows 10 installs a generic driver that breaks the adapter and forces me to uninstall and reinstall. How...
  10. Windows update without Permission?

Windows update without Permission?: Last night left computer running, because it was connected to automation printer which ran program directly from computer. Woke up found that my PC has been restarted because of some small update. Whole 8 hour printing work gone and materjal lost from it? Seriously whose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update downgrades driver

2. nu vot

3. windows update downgraded driver

4. latest windows update and permissions