Windows 10: Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?

Discus and support Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I haven't been on in a while because I haven't had much if any windows 10 problems thankfully enough, well that changed. I've been looking into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrokenDaily, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?

So I haven't been on in a while because I haven't had much if any windows 10 problems thankfully enough, well that changed.

I've been looking into other tools that can check for windows 10 updates like windows updates does but it lets me choose if I want to install it or not, and it also detects what updates are installed or not, and 2 of them were the Windows Update MiniTool and Windows Update Manager.

I had the MiniTool program for a while and its been working fine (hosted on a different forum, mydigitallife), but then I was pointed towards the windows update manager tool, which at first, looked cool, seemed to work fine checking updates, and it had a fair bit of options...well I think that tool broke windows update for my computer in general. and it broke both the Windows Update Manager and MiniTool's ability to use windows update to check for updates

I went to its auto-update tab, clicked on disable auto-updates, then I had to shutdown and do some IRL stuff, and when I booted back up, and went to the windows update in my windows 10 settings, its gone. even after I downloaded a fresh v1809 copy using the windows media creation tool and did a repair install, the default windows 10 "Windows Update" tool has been removed and wont come back. I dont want to do a clean install if I dont need to, but is there any solution I can use? I already did a dism /scanhealth check, it didnt show any corruption, and an sfc /scannow check showed nothing, not even a "chkdsk /scan /r /f" fixed it. Is there some REG file I need to run to re-enable windows update? some cmd command, a powershell script, ill take anything at this point

Any help will be appreciated, my version of windows 10 at this point is v1809 OS Build 17763.592

:)

BrokenDaily, Jun 29, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 29, 2019
  3. AllisonE. Win User
    EVERYTHING IS GONE

EVERYTHING I HAD IS GONE.

• The project due tomorrow for my class, that is worth 45% OF MY GRADE. IS GONE
    • All my pictures from 2010-2015 GONE.
    • All my personal files ARE GONE.
    • All of my school projects ARE GONE.

EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

HOW AM I EVER GOING TO GET THOSE BACK?!

I DO NOT HAVE A BACKUP DRIVE, THOSE THINGS COST MONEY I DO NOT HAVE.

AllisonE., Jun 29, 2019
  4. Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?

Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?

1. Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone? - Similar Threads - Update Gone Gone

2. Update Wifi Gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Wifi Gone: Hi guys my internet connection is completely gone after an update and I am having huge struggles in fixing this. I was able to fix it yesterday by uninstalling the wifi adapter and running netsh reset cmds, but today it’s gone again... I tried the same thing and the wifi...
  3. Update Gone Wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Gone Wrong: On Saturday, I woke up to all of my files deleted, or at least I thought. I took my computer into the Geek Squad, where they informed me that MS had an update and it sent all of my files to the recycle bin! I was able to restore my files, but I have lost the ability to open...
  4. Windows Update; Wallpaper gone

Windows Update; Wallpaper gone: Please advise where I can recover the Wallpaper that the latest Update removed without my permission. How dare you!! I can't find it on my laptop. If you have lost it........
  5. update gone wrong

update gone wrong: I have a Toshiba laptop and i went to update it and it is now stuck in a loop of the welcome Toshiba screen with a loading circle then it says ''attempting to recover installation undoing changes made to your computer'' can someone help please, thank you....
  6. apps gone, background gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps gone, background gone: I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered" I have no idea what to do...
  7. Update/Files Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update/Files Gone: When I powered my computer on this morning, it informed me it did an update. Now everything is gone!! Even in my QuickBooks companies!! This problem needs to be fixed Microsoft! I do not have time to sit here for hours trying to recover files. I use this computer for my...
  8. update gone wrong

update gone wrong: Why did my settings get messed up when I updated to windows format 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-gone-wrong/903608e0-f88e-462e-bb8c-19bfa1b4d220
  9. Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?

Windows Update is Gone/Not-Gone?: So I haven't been on in a while because I haven't had much if any windows 10 problems thankfully enough, well that changed. I've been looking into other tools that can check for windows 10 updates like windows updates does but it lets me choose if I want to install it or...
  10. windows is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows is gone: I was fooling around in settings window and pressed something that has made windows disappear. My keyboard will not let me press any windows plus button. I can only operate in google. start and everything else is gone. no email. nada...