Windows 10: Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again...

Discus and support Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the second update in a row where the standard automatic Windows Update on my desktop machine is hanging after restarting.The messages seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HenryStock, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again...

This is the second update in a row where the standard automatic Windows Update on my desktop machine is hanging after restarting.The messages seem to indicate that update is 100% Complete, but then the system freezes and I never get to a login screen. I have tried to allow the current Windows Update to do its thing three times. And three times in a row it hangs with a message on the screen that says Updates are 100% complete. I end up restarting the machine manually, which backs out all the updates and then allows me to login, only to repeat the same process again

:)

HenryStock, Apr 27, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again...

Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again...

1. Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again... - Similar Threads - Update Hanging Startup

2. On startup mouse hangs onto whatever you click and won't drop it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On startup mouse hangs onto whatever you click and won't drop it again: For the last couple of weeks I am having an issue where when I turn my computer on, once the desktop screen is open as soon as I click an icon eg Google Chrome the icon gets picked up and it won't get dropped. After a couple of minutes it might drop it, but then as soon as...
  3. Windows hangs right at startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hangs right at startup.: I started Windows 10 and I got an error message when the startup screen shows that a service file is accessing a bad memory and I clicked OK to shut it down. I get that same error after I log in. Then the desktop shows without the icons at the bottom bar. Then whenever the...
  4. Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 hangs on startup after update reboots!: Windows 10 Pro (current build fully updated) hangs on startup after update reboot, before displaying the Logon UI! I resolve this by interrupting startup twice to force Windows to perform automatic startup repair, the I select Advanced startup option > Troubleshoot > Startup...
  5. hang at startup

hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  6. Laptop hangs on startup

Laptop hangs on startup: After loading software for a graphics tablet my old Win 10 laptop it now hangs when starting. I removed the software in safe mode but the problem still exists. None of the recovery procedures have worked therefore I think it would be best to 'refresh' the Windows software. My...
  7. Windows hanging on startup

Windows hanging on startup: The last few weeks i have been having many issues with windows. Task manager not responding. Task manager taking forever and a day to end task. Windows hanging on the loading screen when booting up. Sometimes it will hang there until i reset the computer manually. Other...
  8. Windows 10 Hang on startup

Windows 10 Hang on startup: Every time on first cold boot stuck on windows logo no dot animation. Hit hard reset and windows boots normally. Started after Fall update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hang-on-startup/d25344bc-eb1b-4e81-b491-54cc305d1e62
  9. Startup Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Hangs: Hi all, Since 2 or 3 weeks when I switch on my notebook, after loading my desktop it hangs loading startup programs. When it hangs, I can't even shut down, I have to press the power button 4 seconds to shut down. It happened with my 3 notebooks, but it remains only in one...
  10. Taskbar hangs on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar hangs on startup: Hello, I'm having this really annoying problem. My taskbar totally hangs after booting my PC, I can't click the start button or the multi-desktop or notifications, the clock is stuck too, not updating. When I put the cursor on the taskbar, the loading blue disk appears and...