Windows 10: Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

Discus and support Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deepak Play, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version - 27.20.100.9127, Which has a flickering problem with it, and there is no option to exclude the specific update.And when I install the latest version from the intel site, this windows update was shown again,Why windows are installing an outdated version of the driver with a bug, even though I already have a higher version of the driver

:)

Deepak Play, Nov 27, 2022

2. Windows Update download and installs outdated driver

• My AMD Radeon R5 M355 graphics driver is outdated a bit and I want it to get updated. I go the official webpage to download the display driver that is more updated compared to the one that was installed. I download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
      to remove the older graphics driver then running the uninstaller in safe mode then eventually go through the process of installing the new one successfully. However when I install the new one, Windows Update keeps downloading and installing a more outdated
      version of it. Why would windows do this? How could I stop it?

• Old AMD Radeon R5 M355 (Windows Automatically installed)

Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver d3284ba2-d8e6-464c-a11f-65aedc5aa18d.png

• More updated version of AMD Radeon R5 M355 (Installed Manually)

Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver f66fd722-82a4-46e8-a055-f48d376d509a.png

• The one that windows update installed on its own doesn’t even function property. When I try to access the AMD Radeon Setting I get a pop up saying “No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the
      AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.”

Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver 995ca1c1-70d1-46fa-9da9-ecf07b0ac0d5.png

·

• After manually downloading and installing the functioning driver again and going through the process of uninstalling the nonfunctional driver, I have been trying to avoid using windows update.

Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver 06cbd976-4713-4211-9538-bdc57708530b.png

Dragons952, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

1. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver - Similar Threads - update installing outdated

2. Is my graphics driver outdated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my graphics driver outdated?: I'm using:- Dell Vostro 3500- Graphic Driver: IntelR UHD GraphicsI'm just playing Roblox and it keeps crashing for no reason, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-driver-outdated/82e6fa60-ca54-4870-9a45-ad5d576a0a14
  3. Is my graphics driver outdated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my graphics driver outdated?: I'm using:- Dell Vostro 3500- Graphic Driver: IntelR UHD GraphicsI'm just playing Roblox and it keeps crashing for no reason, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-driver-outdated/82e6fa60-ca54-4870-9a45-ad5d576a0a14
  4. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  5. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  6. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.: "This computer uses software rendering. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly." One of the video games shows me this. In other games, it started to slow down a lot and load for a long time. Before this, everything was normal, there were brakings, but not so...
  7. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.

Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly.: "This computer uses software rendering. Graphics drivers are outdated or not working properly." One of the video games shows me this. In other games, it started to slow down a lot and load for a long time. Before this, everything was normal, there were brakings, but not so...
  8. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version: Hi there!Every couple of days, no matter how often I update my graphics driver AMD adrenaline 2022 windows will "update" it to an older version AMD adrenaline 2021 when I turn my laptop on. Anyone know what the issue is?I don't particularly want to disable updates in general...
  9. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version: Hi there!Every couple of days, no matter how often I update my graphics driver AMD adrenaline 2022 windows will "update" it to an older version AMD adrenaline 2021 when I turn my laptop on. Anyone know what the issue is?I don't particularly want to disable updates in general...
  10. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade