Windows 10: Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers

Discus and support Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried: Updates are paused till 4th Feb 2020 Kept all connections as metered connections Removed old driver files using Driver Store Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thesereneknight, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers

I've tried:

• Updates are paused till 4th Feb 2020
    • Kept all connections as metered connections
    • Removed old driver files using Driver Store Explorer
    • Registry
    • Group policy
    • Hid sound driver using "Show or Hide updates" troubleshooter

These sound driver updates are greyed out/unclickable in Update history. Sometimes

Realtek (Windows Update keeps forcing this one): The one forced by Windows Update. It installs a DTS control panel. It is useless except the equaliser. No sound customisations at all. Groups all speakers/headphones as one. Microphones do not work. Sounds okay. Breaks stream (need to reload webpage) if I disconnect the headphone.

Realtek/Microsoft Default (I want this): Default driver installed by Windows. A few options are available. Sounds the best. All audio devices work perfectly. Headphone virtualisation available.

submitted by /u/thesereneknight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thesereneknight, Jan 2, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers

1. Windows Update is paused but it keeps installing drivers - Similar Threads - Update paused keeps

2. Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...: I noticed after restarting my computer I still got an update to go through despite pausing updates for a week. I was just wondering if it's normal behavior for security updates to continue like this.Is the only way to stop it by disabling the windows update service itself?...
  3. Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows keep installing security updates regardless if you disable auto-updates/pause...: I noticed after restarting my computer I still got an update to go through despite pausing updates for a week. I was just wondering if it's normal behavior for security updates to continue like this.Is the only way to stop it by disabling the windows update service itself?...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  5. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  6. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Indexing Keeps Pausing

in Cortana
    Indexing Keeps Pausing: Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index for half a second then say “indexing is paused”. The pause button within indexing options is greyed out and the only thing that...
  8. Indexing Keeps Pausing

Indexing Keeps Pausing: Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index for half a second then say “indexing is paused”. The pause button within indexing options is greyed out and the only thing that...
  9. Updates are paused but Update Orchestrator keeps waking PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates are paused but Update Orchestrator keeps waking PC.: I normally do updates every few days but so it does not inconvenience me I do them then set them to be paused so the PC which is in my bedroom does not wake me at night. For the past few days even though its paused Update Orchestrator is waking my pc, but why? Should it not...
  10. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354