Windows 10: Windows Update is Paused but Process is still running and slowly eats up RAM.

Discus and support Windows Update is Paused but Process is still running and slowly eats up RAM. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Don't know how to stop this update. As you can see I have Windows Update paused. But recently (as in past 3 days) The Wuauserv process starts up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Guyver89-, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows Update is Paused but Process is still running and slowly eats up RAM.

/u/-Guyver89-, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Alex_703 Win User

Win-10 eating up ram ?...

I know there is a problem with Google chrome eating up all the ram on my Macs.

I think it is doing the same thing on my Win-10 computers.

As soon as I close Google chrome browser my ram usage drops back down to normal.

How can I print out the list of running processes ?

Windows Update is Paused but Process is still running and slowly eats up RAM. 99d8f12b-0586-42ee-b1d5-554b9789c095.jpg

Alex_703, Feb 25, 2020
  3. MOMOKIT0333, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Windows Update is Paused but Process is still running and slowly eats up RAM.

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update is Paused but Process is still running and slowly eats up RAM.

1. Windows Update is Paused but Process is still running and slowly eats up RAM. - Similar Threads - Update Paused Process

2. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  3. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  4. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???: Dear "experts",Jim Tsetsos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-paused-and-yet-it-still-runs/f6195024-1ab6-4014-9fb6-44d217993b50 is absolutely right. What do you think you are offering here? Are you not able to provide a reasonably stable...
  6. Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???

Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???: Dear "experts",Jim Tsetsos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-paused-and-yet-it-still-runs/f6195024-1ab6-4014-9fb6-44d217993b50 is absolutely right. What do you think you are offering here? Are you not able to provide a reasonably stable...
  7. Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???: Hi All,I've recently had some issues with windows update, continuously running, I re-installed 21H1 Update which resolved the problem - though after a day windows update is now firing off again!!! GRRRRRRRRRRI even have my windows update paused for 7 days and yet it still...
  9. Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???

Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???: Hi All,I've recently had some issues with windows update, continuously running, I re-installed 21H1 Update which resolved the problem - though after a day windows update is now firing off again!!! GRRRRRRRRRRI even have my windows update paused for 7 days and yet it still...
  10. Windows Update Paused and yet it still runs???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade