Windows 10: Windows Update is profoundly FLAWED. Here's why.

Discus and support Windows Update is profoundly FLAWED. Here's why. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. Doesn't ask if I want the update at all. But the softwares of certain individuals are extremely sensitive to updates. For instance: the DAW I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilsonHenley, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Windows Update is profoundly FLAWED. Here's why.

1. Doesn't ask if I want the update at all. But the softwares of certain individuals are extremely sensitive to updates. For instance: the DAW I use for my work is now crashing at closing (after update feb.2019.)

2. Should be able to split bigger updates into smaller ones that do not paralyse the computer for complete consecutive hours. This is unacceptable.

3. Bigger update should demand a password before installing and rebooting the device, to make sure the use is aware of his choice, for his computer will be absolutely unusable for hours.

4. An estimation of the time the update will take is absolutely needed. It is a minimum. Every update should come with an estimated time of delivery, from start to complete finish.

5. Bigger updates should include "checkpoints" that let you "pause" the update before going on. Sort of time-out where you could write an email or review a spreadsheet quickly.

I say allt his because now my computer is ruined. Your last update killed it. It is running multiple weird services all the time and the disk usage is always at 100%. After the recent update, I can't even play a simple mp4 file without having to set VLCs priority to highest. These updates are messing with people's livelihood and this is absolutely unacceptable.

The way Windows Update acts should be considered criminal.

I have only but disgust for this bad, bad product. Windows OS is becoming more and more like a bundle of messy wires. You just keep patxhing and adding and nothing is actually better. With each update, my pc is becoming slower and slower. The last one killed it.

It is appalling.

I can honestly say: "Go **** yourself microsoft"

:)

WilsonHenley, Feb 20, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update is profoundly FLAWED. Here's why. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 20, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Windows Update is profoundly FLAWED. Here's why.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update is profoundly FLAWED. Here's why.

1. Windows Update is profoundly FLAWED. Here's why. - Similar Threads - Update profoundly FLAWED

2. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  3. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  4. Why is this here ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this here ?: In my properties in security i find this user Account Unknow 1-5-21 ? what is this an how do i get rid of it ? submitted by /u/MFTGAMING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljek9w/why_is_this_here/
  5. Flawed software.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flawed software.: When will you fix the recent updates that cause browsers both firefox and edge to crash every time I try to print from the browsers. Printers work fine when printing from Word. fr...
  6. Why is svchost here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is svchost here: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/totallyweird-person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ej0dgc/why_is_svchost_here/
  7. Anniversary update has a login flaw.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary update has a login flaw.: I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Just did the anniversary update for Win 10, and have one problem, so far. I use to be able to either start the windows, or wake it up and go right to the program. Now I can start it when off, but when waking it up I had some kind...
  8. How To PERMANENTLY Kill flawed UPDATE ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How To PERMANENTLY Kill flawed UPDATE ?: anyone know the answer? what I do know is that the method that worked with windows 7 causes problems with windows 10. I have a device driver that does not work. lenovo et al will need some better device driver programmmers to take charge but 'till then I need it dead and...
  9. Windows Networking -- Mega flaw here

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Networking -- Mega flaw here: Hi there I know this is how windows is SUPPOSED to work but it's a real pain 1) I have a network server with a load of HDD's on it. 2) I allow Windows shared access to say drive HDD1 (multi-media) mounted as drive X . 3) A smart TV can see the Windows machine but can't...
  10. Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?: [img] I'm a relative newcomer to Win 10, but it's still been 10 months since I encountered this exasperating issue, and I assume it's been present since Win 10 was launched? I can't fathom why there haven't been more complaints to get it fixed. -- Terry, East Grinstead,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update flawed