Windows 10: Windows Update is severely unfit for purpose.

Discus and support Windows Update is severely unfit for purpose. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Having experienced numerous updates that are getting stuck at various stages my patience is running out. Surely Microsoft are aware this is broken?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by spoons27, Oct 31, 2015.

1. spoons27 Win User

Windows Update is severely unfit for purpose.

Having experienced numerous updates that are getting stuck at various stages my patience is running out. Surely Microsoft are aware this is broken?
    Currently sitting in front of a screen that has told me for the last half an hour that it is at 60% complete.*Sad

:)

spoons27, Oct 31, 2015
  2. JDsmil3r Win User

Windows update • HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

Yet another example of broken unfit for purpose operating system

JDsmil3r, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Nokia N81 8GB Keyboard Errors

Hi jason04r

Make sure that you inform supplier ASAP that this phone is "unfit for purpose" but certainly before 14 days.

scoobyman---01, Oct 31, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

Windows updates are getting bigger and take a bit longer to install, they are cumulative and it installs the last updates first and then does not install the others on the list as they are already installed, think of it more as a mini service pack than a single update.

zooburner, Oct 31, 2015
  5. spoons27 Win User
    I am specifically talking about having to reboot and use command prompt to stop services and deleting folders of update stuff!

spoons27, Oct 31, 2015
  6. You could try the solution here. Checking for updates taking ages

Torquemada, Oct 31, 2015
  7. spoons27 Win User
    Yes done that but this is actually installing and stuck on 60%. So I wait till it times out with some useless error message and then reboot.

spoons27, Oct 31, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

That's right. This change also has advantages: I recently had to set up a new Windows 7 installation and it offered me around 240 updates, which took more than 12 hours to install. With Windows 10 you only have to download one cumulative update and that's it.

Joergi, Oct 31, 2015
  9. If it is installing it wont time out
    Also what KB number is it that is updating on your computer

hTconeM9user, Oct 31, 2015
  10. Are you a tester because as far as I know threshold not due out yet until November sometime

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2015
  11. spoons27 Win User
    I am an insider but I have had constant problems with updates before I was an insider.

spoons27, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update is severely unfit for purpose. - Similar Threads - Update severely unfit

2. Windows failed to update several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to update several times: My PC, which is in the insider program, has failed to update multiple times. When I tried to install the latest release preview build, it gave me a 0x800f081f error. When I installed the beta update, it gave me 0x800f0905. When I checked the insider page it said I was on the...
  3. Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?: My audio system drops out randomly. Sorting the problem out is repeatedly difficult. Naturally, I have been through the available "solutions" on forums and on YouTube. I have worked through all recommendations. The problem persists. Not only does it just drop out but also...
  4. Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is MS Bluetooth so unfit for purpose?: My audio system drops out randomly. Sorting the problem out is repeatedly difficult. Naturally, I have been through the available "solutions" on forums and on YouTube. I have worked through all recommendations. The problem persists. Not only does it just drop out but also...
  5. Does windows slow down on purpose to force you to update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows slow down on purpose to force you to update?: Something i noticed is when there is the option to update and restart, processes like windows explorer, desktop window manager and wmi provider host start munching cpu all the time, like 4-30%, making games stutter etc. It's happening right now and i know it will go away...
  6. Fit for purpose

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fit for purpose: The Microsoft products that are on the new computer I have purchased do not seem fit for purpose. I bought the new machine to replace an older machine running windows 7 the Windows 10 does not let me do simple actions in the Mail account such a import emails, make groups,...
  7. Windows 10 Update Unfit For Purpose

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Unfit For Purpose: As title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-unfit-for-purpose/aa26d590-29ce-4a3a-b529-6553846dabca
  8. Play Purpose

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play Purpose: I'm a 71 year old person who has loved cards since my mother taught me at the age of 3. I'm also an IT retiree. I've enjoyed the comments from everyone about why to play and the purpose of cheaters. I play to keep my mind working and enjoy the game/competition. I...
  9. Free windows for education purpose?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free windows for education purpose?: I have a question about free windows for education purpose which is strictly non-profit. My case is for use in 'class for elders operated by Presbyterian church'. It is non-profit but students(?) pay about 20 USD per class which is about 10 ~ 12 weekly lessons(breaks down...
  10. DefaultAccount purpose?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    DefaultAccount purpose?: Does anybody know the purpose of this account? It seems I've never seen this back then when I was running Windows 8.1 [img] 21684