Windows 10: Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

Discus and support Windows update is taking very long what should i do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, i thought of updating my windows 10 pc to 22h2 version, i was downloading the update and had to turn it off in the middle of the downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NightMare Yo, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

So, i thought of updating my windows 10 pc to 22h2 version, i was downloading the update and had to turn it off in the middle of the downloading process, then the next day i again tried to update it and it continued from where it left,it downloaded and was installing again i had to turn it off in middle due to some reasons and then i resumed it ,it installed and restarted the pc and after some time it said undoing changes and reverted to the old version, now when i try to update it the 22h2 update isn't there and it says 21h2 version to download so i did so and after the long process it restar

:)

NightMare Yo, Mar 23, 2023
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update?

A year ago I asked (and answered) the same question for 1903. Having just let Window Update successfully upgrade the same machine I used for those tests I can say that the answer remains the same. Times for each step were almost identical - over four hours from start to a working desktop.

How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?

My recommendation: unless you really need to see the Feature Update listed in update history, then download the ISO and use that to upgrade.

Windows update is taking very long what should i do? 280509d1590614725t-how-long-does-2004-upgrade-take-using-windows-update-2004-update-history.png

4. Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

Why is Windows Update taking so long to get updates online???

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. Apologize for the delay in reply.

If the issue is still persisting, suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

1. Windows update is taking very long what should i do? - Similar Threads - update taking very

2. Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is taking very long what should i do?: So, i thought of updating my windows 10 pc to 22h2 version, i was downloading the update and had to turn it off in the middle of the downloading process, then the next day i again tried to update it and it continued from where it left,it downloaded and was installing again i...
  3. Windows update is taking very long what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update is taking very long what should i do?: So, i thought of updating my windows 10 pc to 22h2 version, i was downloading the update and had to turn it off in the middle of the downloading process, then the next day i again tried to update it and it continued from where it left,it downloaded and was installing again i...
  4. How long should checking for Windows updates take?

How long should checking for Windows updates take?: I have a brand new Surface Pro 9 running Windows Pro 11. When I check for updates, it takes more than a minute and still doesn't complete. If I let take however long it takes, eventually it says it has finished checking. Should it be taking this long nowadays? Or have I got...
  5. How long should checking for Windows updates take?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long should checking for Windows updates take?: I have a brand new Surface Pro 9 running Windows Pro 11. When I check for updates, it takes more than a minute and still doesn't complete. If I let take however long it takes, eventually it says it has finished checking. Should it be taking this long nowadays? Or have I got...
  6. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long: I turned my laptop on yesterday and walked away for a second. It started an automatic disk check and i wasn’t there to stop it. Its been suck around 55% on stage 1 since around 11 last night. I need to use my laptop, the ETA is more than 100 hours what should I do....
  7. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long: I turned my laptop on yesterday and walked away for a second. It started an automatic disk check and i wasn’t there to stop it. Its been suck around 55% on stage 1 since around 11 last night. I need to use my laptop, the ETA is more than 100 hours what should I do....
  8. what should i do when automatic disk check is taking to long

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows Update Taking Very Long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Taking Very Long: Hi, just wanted to know if this is normal. I’m trying to update my laptop but it’s taking a very long time on the ‘Working on updates’ screen. It is going up but extremely slowly (currently on 10%). Just wanted to know if this is normal for some updates. I’ve had no problems...
  10. Searching for updates takes very long

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Searching for updates takes very long: Hi, Since today manually searching for updates takes unusually long. Is something wrong with the microsoft servers at the moment? Anyone else have that problem? Was planning to set up my laptop today but I will wait a bit if the update servers are wonky right now. 84565