Windows 10: Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working

Discus and support Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I Click Windows Update I Got An Error Message Also My Windows Defender Antivirus Not Working There were some problems installing updates, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harry Singh_981, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working

When I Click Windows Update I Got An Error Message Also My Windows Defender Antivirus Not Working

There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080005)

If You Have Any Solution Please Help Me Out.!

:)

Harry Singh_981, Mar 2, 2019

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 2, 2019
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Mar 2, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    Let your Windows 8 Defender update itself automatically.

P4-630, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working

1. Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working - Similar Threads - Update Issue Defender

2. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  3. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  4. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: Questions can't be assigned 2 sub-topics from different main topics, so I had 2 post the same thing in 2 different...
  5. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: Questions can't be assigned 2 sub-topics from different main topics, so I had 2 post the same thing in 2 different...
  6. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: My Windows Defender & Windows Update is producing errors & are not workingI am 95% sure Windows Update is broken as a result of Windows Defender being initially broken upon install, I think I broke defender more: listed belowBroken Howso:Windows Defender:When I open...
  7. Windows Defender and Update not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender and Update not working.: Hey there, my windows defender stopped operating normally and became like this I tried finding a solution online, most people said try to to run windows update but ran into another error 0x80070424 I tried troubleshooting as well but it keeps on doing the same thing Your...
  8. Windows Update + Defender Not Working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update + Defender Not Working?: I'm not sure if this is because of a recent update but suddenly Windows Update and Defender no longer seem to be working? I only noticed this because the Defender icon on the bottom right wasn't showing up anymore. Error code 0x80070424 randomly appeared on the Update screen...
  9. Windows Update and Windows defender issues

Windows Update and Windows defender issues: Hey, a new issue turned up on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T430s Windows 10 Pro Education. I have attached the relevant screenshots. Windows Update says 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes' and won't check for updates. Another is that the Windows...
  10. Windows Defender not working or updating

Windows Defender not working or updating: I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1903. Windows Defender Current Definitions Version: 1.263.71.0 (I guess, check the image) Windows Defender Latest Definitions Version: 1.295.49.0 I had some antivirus softwares installed and removed over time, but now I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender and windows update stopped working

2. update doesnt work when Windows defender is on