Windows 10: windows update issue (going in loop)

Discus and support windows update issue (going in loop) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows update is going again and again it is first getting downloaded then preparing to install then installing and this process is going again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PankajKumar123, Dec 15, 2018.

1. windows update issue (going in loop)

windows update is going again and again

it is first getting downloaded then preparing to install then installing and this process is going again and again in loop

why this is happening?

how to fix this problem?

:)

PankajKumar123, Dec 15, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Dec 15, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Sharief K Win User

windows update issue (going in loop)

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

windows update issue (going in loop)

1. windows update issue (going in loop) - Similar Threads - update issue going

2. windows update in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update in a loop: Hello — I have an old and slow win 32 system running win 10 21H2 — I seem to be in some soirt of update loop with kb5010342 and the update fails with 0x800f0831. When I go to restart or shutdown the OS I get a message that its getting the OS ready — I ran the update...
  3. Windows Update loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update loop: my windows os is out of date and when I try to check for updates it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." while putting me on a "checking for updates" loop. How can I fix this?...
  4. Windows Update loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update loop: my windows os is out of date and when I try to check for updates it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." while putting me on a "checking for updates" loop. How can I fix this?...
  5. Windows Update loop

6. Windows 10 update issue: Stuck in restart loop

Windows 10 update issue: Stuck in restart loop: Updated Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite and since then it is stuck in a restart loop. The computer loops into a screen showing a sad face: “Your device ran into a problem and needs to retart. We will restart for you. Stop Code: Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. What...
  7. Windows 7 to 10 Update - Repair loop issue

Windows 7 to 10 Update - Repair loop issue: Hello, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10. It was working for a day or so, then i got into a system repair loop where now the computer isn't able to start. The boot repair isn't working either. I've tried multiple solutions online with no luck. I downgraded to 7,...
  8. Windows 10 Looping Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Looping Issue: Hey Everyone, Insurance Firm 100 users, all have the same laptop Dell Latitude 5401. Windows 10 1903 deployed using smartdeploy about 5 months ago. Domain Controllers, File Servers, are all cloud-hosted inside Azure, with Site to Site using Meraki, and OpenVPN for when they...
  9. Going Through a Problem Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going Through a Problem Loop: So I'll keep this short; one morning I woke up to my laptop not really working. It would start up, the lights would go on, and the screen would light up as if it were about to display something, but never did. At first I thought it might've been the black screen of death, but...
  10. Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues.: Is anyone familiar with finding or pulling specific Windows 8.1 updates? My issue is that I'm trying to get this GPU to work or be fully recognized in Windows 10. I know it's an ancient laptop by all means, but the GPU worked in Windows 8.1, and Windows 8.1 had a specific...