Windows 10: Windows update issue - User Settings

Discus and support Windows update issue - User Settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am growing as irritated with Microsoft as I was with Apple when I switched. Why does a windows update delete every user setting, include complicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesMooreIII, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Windows update issue - User Settings

I am growing as irritated with Microsoft as I was with Apple when I switched. Why does a windows update delete every user setting, include complicated game profiles and macros? Even though I now back them up, restoring them and putting them in the right place it is still time consuming.. Then it deletes the user browser preferences, trying to force you to use Edge. My login wouldn't even work until I jumped through a bunch of hoops. It deleted all my items pinned to both Start and Taskbar. I fail to see why it is deleting any user files or setting. This is not the way to win friends and get people to say something nice about Windows.

:)

JamesMooreIII, Aug 26, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows update issue - User Settings :)

Techtu, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Windows update issue - User Settings

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows update issue - User Settings

1. Windows update issue - User Settings - Similar Threads - update issue User

2. User account control settings issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account control settings issue.: Hey i was trying to anable "yes" so i can allow apps to make Chances to my computer. But when i go to user account control settings for that reason, the "will you allow this app" thing shows up and the only option i have is "No"....
  3. User account control settings issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account control settings issue.: Hey i was trying to anable "yes" so i can allow apps to make Chances to my computer. But when i go to user account control settings for that reason, the "will you allow this app" thing shows up and the only option i have is "No"....
  4. User account control settings issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. settings issue not showing update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings issue not showing update: I am on windows 11 and I've been having this issue for the past few days now and I though nothing of it at first as I thought it would fix itself but it has been 3 days and it hasn't fixed so I have looked around I have looked at fixes non has worked, I've tried resetting my...
  6. settings issue not showing update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings issue not showing update: I am on windows 11 and I've been having this issue for the past few days now and I though nothing of it at first as I thought it would fix itself but it has been 3 days and it hasn't fixed so I have looked around I have looked at fixes non has worked, I've tried resetting my...
  7. USER SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USER SETTINGS: So I'm the administrator account on my windows 10, my brother has a standard user( non administrator) account. He can access all my files via: this pc/c:/users/admin Is there a way to prevent him from gaining access to all my files. Also is there a way I can put administrator...
  8. users and user settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    users and user settings: I've upgraded my computer inside and out. I had to reinstall windows onto a new larger hard drive. My old windows is still on my old ssd . Is there a way to move all the users and settings over from old to new ?...
  9. Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue: Hello everyone. I recently updated my laptop. After the update installed, I restarted the machine. First boot after the update and the issues begin. A blank Personalized Settings window appears in front of a black screen. A fee seconds later, the window goes...
  10. Updates messing with user setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates messing with user setting: I've been complaining here for a long time about updates messing with my user settings (resetting things to default, adding unwanted keyboards etc.). Today, another update and guess what? My settings were reset yet again! Seriously? Stop messing with user settings you...