Windows 10: Windows update issue

Discus and support Windows update issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since my windows version was updated on 8/26/19, when I open file explorer I see 7 folders and 6 devices / drives. The folders do not contain the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonTE, Aug 31, 2019.

1. RonTE Win User

Windows update issue

Since my windows version was updated on 8/26/19, when I open file explorer I see 7 folders and 6 devices / drives. The folders do not contain the files I have stored on this PC, so I now must open drive Windows C/Users/admin to get to my files. Is there a way to get my files to be in the 7 folders that appear initially in File Explorer?

:)

RonTE, Aug 31, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows update issue

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows update issue :)

Techtu, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows update issue

1. Windows update issue - Similar Threads - update issue

2. Update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update issue: My updates keep giving me errors and i don't know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issue/65b3839c-c7d3-4fc4-8b2e-a03d4e2cc64c
  3. windows update issue- downloads, installs and restarts but install does not complete

windows update issue- downloads, installs and restarts but install does not complete: hi, I am facing a very annoying windows update error, troubleshooter does not fix it either. I was prompted to update windows a few weeks back and I began by downloading. It successfully downloads and installs, then it prompts me to restarts, on restarting the windows update...
  4. Onedrive issue and windows update issue - MULTIPLE ISSUES

Onedrive issue and windows update issue - MULTIPLE ISSUES: So I had two OneDrive accounts set on my windows desktop, one is my personal account and the other being a university account. Up until the beginning of last week, both were syncing fine on my desktop. However, starting from last Monday, I had realised that my lecture notes...
  5. Third party software installation issues after Windows 10 Update May 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Third party software installation issues after Windows 10 Update May 2019: We have been using a third party application and after recent windows 10 update, we are unable to complete the registration process of the application any of the newer windows 10 machines. The product does work on Win 7 and upgrade Windows 10 version 1803 with OS build...
  6. WINDOWS10 UPDATE ISSUE

WINDOWS10 UPDATE ISSUE: HI ' SHOWING THIS ERROOR Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to start: WHAT I WILL DO...
  7. Display Issues with latest Windows 10 1903 update - Blank Chrome pages, X's through input...

Display Issues with latest Windows 10 1903 update - Blank Chrome pages, X's through input...: After latest 1903 install, Google Chrome browser pages are blank; other browsers have "x's" through input fields and image icons. No option to revert back to previous version of Windows. Spending way too much time trying to troubleshoot these issues....
  8. Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update

Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update: I seem to have lost contact with my keyboard and mouse after the latest update. I guess I might need to update my drivers but how can I do that when I can't type or click!? Cant even get passed locked screen. Have swapped out my devices so I think I have ruled out...
  9. Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot

Windows 10 update issues - Doesn't boot: Recently, my Windows 10 was automatically updated. Then, when rebooting, the computer started a repair process automatically, but couldn't complete it. I was guided to a blue screen. Then, I went to advanced options and allowed the computer to boot from Windows.old. The...
  10. TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10?

TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10?: I keep getting the TPM error on my Dell desktop after every Windows 10 update. I also get registry error warnings occasionally. Dell has tried 4 times to fix the problem with no success. This problem has been reported since 2012 by many users. After all this time Dell...