Windows 10: Windows update issue

Discus and support Windows update issue in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi My parners hp laptop 1515-da0003na has just done a windows update. And after it restarted and the login screen came up the user name was not my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bev Read, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Bev Read Win User

Windows update issue

Hi

My parners hp laptop 1515-da0003na has just done a windows update. And after it restarted and the login screen came up the user name was not my partners user name. So now we cant access her laptop which is frustrating as the laptop is brand new and less than a week old. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Bev Read, Sep 18, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows update issue

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows update issue :)

Techtu, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows update issue

1. Windows update issue - Similar Threads - update issue

2. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update issue: Hello,From the past few months i have been trying to update my windows 10......i have been getting the same error "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  3. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update issue: Hello,From the past few months i have been trying to update my windows 10......i have been getting the same error "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  4. Windows 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  6. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  7. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

8. I am facing issues in my windows update having error code as 0x80070003 plz help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing issues in my windows update having error code as 0x80070003 plz help: Help me to tackle this situation . I have tried using windows recovery mode but still help less and the issue still persistsError code 0x80070003...
  9. I am facing issues in my windows update having error code as 0x80070003 plz help

I am facing issues in my windows update having error code as 0x80070003 plz help: Help me to tackle this situation . I have tried using windows recovery mode but still help less and the issue still persistsError code 0x80070003...
  10. I am facing issues in my windows update having error code as 0x80070003 plz help