Windows 10: Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

Discus and support Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StpdFqers, Jun 18, 2019.

1. StpdFqers Win User

Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

Hello,

Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes to Windows, so I just let it slide once again I mean, I was just doing something extremely important. It can wait. My boss can wait. We can all wait.

The thing is, that update failed to load or some ****, and ever since, whenever I start up my computer, I expect the following cycle:

1) Windows boots up

2) Installing updates

3) We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer.

4) Automatic restart

5) We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer.

6) Automatic restart

7) We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer.

8) Automatic restart

9) We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer.

n) Finishes start up.

This whole gracious process can take (and it usually takes) up to 2 hours.

2 hours is a lot.

This **** also happened during a meeting actually so check that out. Now I can't use this computer for anything important again for fear of a

similar scene taking place again. That's a bit problematic considering it's the one computer I built for important matters.

I talked to one of your support agents, and he kindly suggested me to disable windows updates from the services panel. So I did. And it worked.... once.

By the second time I started up the machine, it prompted me that adorable warning "We're about to install some updates on your systems... etc etc".

So what happened to the manual disable at the services panel?

And when I want to shut it down, it doesn't give me any option to just shut it down. It's "Update and Shut Down".

Oh yeah man.

So it shut down after the update that I asked Windows to install was done. And when I started it up again.... There we go, the whole cycle again.

I went into the services panel one more time to see if i had accidentally missed something or whatever. Idk, maybe I thought I had disabled it but it turns out I didn't right? So I checked it up and it was enabled and set to execute automatically on start up. Ok good, let's disable it again.

And story repeated itself.

I'm tired. I'm a sad person. I have problems.

I don't want any more problems.

It's my machine. I'm suppose to decide whether I want it to be up to date or not.

What can I do, to never, ever again see any updates again. As in, ever again. I don't care about your new super gadgets or super mega CandyCrush v_60.3.14.

I don't care about your super duper mega new safety measures oh dis time bad man no get password from you jiar jiar jiar.

Let's be real here, all my information is everywhere, all my credit card numbers and passwords are in some basement leet hacker server, but nobody cares who I am so no one's using any of them. Hell, your government probably knows how many times I go to the toilet. So stop it, please.

Let my computer be my computer again, let me choose whether or not I want the new best mega Paint4D and ultra notepad<br>supercode</div>C++ anti hackerman protection.

But let me do it.

Jesus.

Lastly, give me, for the love of God, a final way to stop these adorable updates.

Thank you very much.

Eat your veggies.

***Modified Title from: Computer uselss became of Windows updates***

:)

StpdFqers, Jun 18, 2019
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 18, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart. - Similar Threads - update issues during

2. BSOD restart during update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD restart during update.: Overnight my laptop had done an update, and upon waking up I see that my laptop was still installing it, after a couple of seconds of saying it's 30% done. The laptop BSOD's on itself, saying the only error is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". It then restarts doing the same thing...
  3. (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Again...) Disabling automatic restarts during/after Windows Update: Hello again. So I posted about this a while ago, people kept telling me to just change active hours and that "u cant bc microsoft says so", so I got desperate, then angry, then I got banned from here. So first of all an apology for that. I eventually figured out how to do it...
  4. During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    During update is says “restarting” but doesn’t restart: I was getting the new update and when i went to download it it seemed to go fine but then it went to the “restarting” process which normally takes a few seconds but it got stuck and i dont know if i should turn off my pc to fix it because i don’t want to get a blue screen or...
  5. Update stucks during restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  6. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  7. Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts

Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts: Quick Summary: Windows 10 updates and restarts automatically without warning or notification. Any running operation or unsaved work gets lost. Can this be modified/disabled? Details: 1 I recognize the importance of updates due to security and other reasons. Updates are...
  8. apps lost during automatic update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    apps lost during automatic update: windows store-maps and calculator was lost doring automatic update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-maps-and-calculator-was-lost-doring/8e0876e2-c373-47c2-adce-bc58ee38908f"
  9. Automatically update on restart(Windows 10)

Automatically update on restart(Windows 10): Heya! Sorry for my really bad english for the first. For the second: Sometimes Windows crashes, because of the nVidia driver I think. When it's happen, I reset the computer, and Windows instead of boot up, it's updating itself sometimes. Can I turn off that annoying...
  10. Windows Update Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Automatic Restart: Hello, I just wanted to say here on the forums that making the Windows update restart my computer automatically, no matter what, is ridiculous. The last time the update had restarted my computer while I was using it, I went and put the settings to the option of "choose when...