Windows 10: Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...

Discus and support Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello folks,I have an issue for many months with my Windows 10 OS.Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02-‎Dec-‎21 OS build... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marko Matterzaa, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...

Hello folks,I have an issue for many months with my Windows 10 OS.Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02-‎Dec-‎21 OS build 19044.1348 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 Since its installed i do have an active antivirus and the environment is pretty safe here in terms of being infected.So many months ago for about a year or more my windows stopped updating and i did many researches and its just impossible.On the windows services its even impossible to enable the windows update i did antivirus check and tried to enable it through some PowerShell and m

:)

Marko Matterzaa, Sep 21, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 21, 2022
  3. unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...

Unable to install Windows Updates error "Service Registration Is Missing Or Corrupt".

Hi Tammy,

I realize that you are unable to install Windows Updates on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to check if you are able to access Windows Update services and also make sure that the following services are started. If it is not started follow the below mentioned steps:

a. Press Windows key + R, type "services.msc" (without quotes) in start run box and press Enter.

b. Locate Windows Update service.

c. Right click on the Windows Update service and select Properties.

d. In Start-up type, select Automatic from the list.

e. Click Start under Service status.

f. Click OK.

g. Repeat the steps c to f for the following services also:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service & Cryptographic Service.

If these steps do not help to resolve the issue, then you may proceed with the step mentioned below and check.

Further, if the issue persists then follow these step by step instructions to get the issue fixed.

a) Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

b) On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (all at once)

“net stop wuauserv”.

“net stop cryptSvc”.

“net stop bits”.

“net stop msiserver”.

“ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old”.

“ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old”.

“net start wuauserv”.

“net start cryptSvc”.

“net start bits”.

“net start msiserver”.

c) Wait for the process to complete.

d) Close the Command Prompt.

Now, try to install Windows Updates again and check if it helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...

1. Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify... - Similar Threads - Update issues unable

2. Need help identifying this issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help identifying this issue.: Blue screen of death help. What does this mean:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 1/19/2024 6:00:07 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Taylor Description: The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. Need help identifying this issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help identifying this issue.: Blue screen of death help. What does this mean:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 1/19/2024 6:00:07 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Taylor Description: The computer has rebooted from a...
  4. Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...: Hello folks,I have an issue for many months with my Windows 10 OS.Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02-‎Dec-‎21 OS build 19044.1348 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 Since its installed i do have an active antivirus and the...
  5. Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...

Windows Update issues / unable to start the services in any way / NEED help to identify...: Hello folks,I have an issue for many months with my Windows 10 OS.Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02-‎Dec-‎21 OS build 19044.1348 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 Since its installed i do have an active antivirus and the...
  6. BSOD, need help identifying issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, need help identifying issue: My PC blue screened recently, and unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the error message before the PC rebooted. Unfortunately opening Event Viewer didn't reveal any info. How do I find info I can post here, so you can help identify why my PC crashed? I don't know if it...
  7. BSOD, need help identifying issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, need help identifying issue: My PC blue screened recently, and unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the error message before the PC rebooted. Unfortunately viewing Even Viewer didn't reveal any info. How do I find info I can post here, so you can help identify why my PC crashed? I don't know if it...
  8. BSOD, need help identifying issue

BSOD, need help identifying issue: My PC blue screened recently, and unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the error message before the PC rebooted. Unfortunately viewing Even Viewer didn't reveal any info. How do I find info I can post here, so you can help identify why my PC crashed? I don't know if it...
  9. Windows Update service not loading in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update service not loading in any way: Issues:Hi! Recently, I saw that Windows 11 was out, and decided to update. I launched the Settings app and clicked into "Security and Updates". However, after clicking it, it just didn't load at all. I restarted the Settings app and tried other options, and all worked fine:...
  10. Windows Update service not loading in any way

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service not loading in any way: Issues:Hi! Recently, I saw that Windows 11 was out, and decided to update. I launched the Settings app and clicked into "Security and Updates". However, after clicking it, it just didn't load at all. I restarted the Settings app and tried other options, and all worked fine:...