Windows 10: Windows Update Issues

Discus and support Windows Update Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the newest update of windows I noticed internet explorer was installed onto my computer. I am not 100% sure it came from the windows update but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenG777, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

1. BenG777 Win User

Windows Update Issues

After the newest update of windows I noticed internet explorer was installed onto my computer. I am not 100% sure it came from the windows update but it was present on my desktop right after the usual restart of my pc after updating windows. It was a big pain to remove, I had to claim ownership of all the files from "trusted installer" and delete all other moderators to be able to delete internet explorer. I thought this would've been the end of it. The next morning I boot up my pc and there it is, it reinstalled itself on my desktop. So I delete it again, and after restarting it reinstalls itself again. I wouldn't mind internet explorer being there however I noticed whenever this happens it disables all my other browsing apps and renders them useless including Chrome and Firefox. I have windows defender turned on and I have already scanned for viruses and malware and have not found anything. How can I permanently remove this internet explorer nightmare?

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:35 PM
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows Update Issues

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows Update Issues :)

Thema:

Windows Update Issues

1. Windows Update Issues - Similar Threads - Update Issues

2. 2012 Sony VAIO laptop w/Windows 8.1 -Issue w/Windows Defender & Quest RE Chrome Update...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2012 Sony VAIO laptop w/Windows 8.1 -Issue w/Windows Defender & Quest RE Chrome Update...: I have Windows 8.1 Not sure if it is just 8.1 or RT 8.1 on a 2012 Sony VAIO laptop Note: Windows 10 can't be run on this SONY VAIO laptop model.. I manually update my Windows Defender and all other Microsoft updates that are released. AT&T has blocked my access to being able...
  3. Update issue with Windows 10 on March 14, 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update issue with Windows 10 on March 14, 2020: When i logon to my PC it no longer has my "user" as default settingsAs in my desktop is gone, Chrome is no longer default browser and all taskbar icons are gone. Apps/Programs have been deleted. All Favorites in Bookmark had disappeared To find my files, must go to My...
  4. Help with updates 1903 & 1909 - major issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with updates 1903 & 1909 - major issues: Hello, I tried to read before posting this but it seems either I waited to long before asking or not many of you have had the same issues.... so hopefully I will get an answer here.... Back in November I was "forced" to "upgrade" to 1903 (was running 1809 build...
  5. Windows 10 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Issues: Hi all, I recently switched and upgrade to the new windows version that dropped in March. However, since those updates I have noticed a few issues that have been popping up. My bluetooth driver keeps disappearing from device manager and the laptop wont recognize it. I...
  6. Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue with Windows Defender after last WD Update:: People using Windows Defender will probably see a Windows Defender notification after a scan saying that an item was skipped. I think this started happening for me after the last Windows Defender Update on February 3 but could have been after a Windows Update at some point...
  7. update issues

update issues: I'm having issues with the updates. it always shows we couldn't complete updates undoing changes everytime I restart. what should I do please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issues/525fa0c6-2c4a-4bb2-a895-3d6011f71cef
  8. 3/18-19 2020 Windows 10 Update Issues

3/18-19 2020 Windows 10 Update Issues: Hello, My wife's computer is running Windows 10. Either 3/18 or 3/19/2020 an update was made. When the computer was started on 3/20 a screen was present saying an update had been made and that you had to log off of your account an log back in or anything you did would be...
  9. Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise: Win 10 1901 Enterprise, company PC, on a domain. I am a local administrator on this machine. In fact I am an OU admin. After running Windows updates on my desktop PC and it installing a few updates I can no longer run Windows Update I get an 'Error Encountered' with a code...
  10. Windows 10 Update Issue

Windows 10 Update Issue: I have been trying for the last two nights for hours to try and update my computer to Windows 10. Every time it says that I need 8 GB of space off C drive but no matter what I delete, it still doesn't change. I also inserted a 14 GB flash drive and it still won't work. I...