Windows 10: Windows Update & it messed up my WI-FI

Discus and support Windows Update & it messed up my WI-FI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I followed steps to reset my WI-Fi & it worked but NOW I have to reset my network every fricken time I log in. I'm not happy & this is the last windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonnaMarieBickler, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Windows Update & it messed up my WI-FI

I followed steps to reset my WI-Fi & it worked but NOW I have to reset my network every fricken time I log in. I'm not happy & this is the last windows computer I will ever buy, going back to Mac.

Do you test updates before sending them out customers? Get it right! I see a class action suit coming soon to your CEO.

:)

DonnaMarieBickler, Oct 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 1, 2019
  3. wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows Update & it messed up my WI-FI

Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update & it messed up my WI-FI

1. Windows Update & it messed up my WI-FI - Similar Threads - Update messed

2. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?: I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the...
  3. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?: I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the...
  4. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update: My second monitor's colors are a messed up and there are lines showing after the new windows 10 update. I have a nvidia 1060 max q graphics card. Installing the newest drivers did not seems to help , tried the monitor on a different laptop it works fines . How can I fix this?...
  5. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update: My second monitor's colors are a messed up and there are lines showing after the new windows 10 update. I have a nvidia 1060 max q graphics card. Installing the newest drivers did not seems to help , tried the monitor on a different laptop it works fines . How can I fix this?...
  6. Second Monitors colors are messed up after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...: I went through 2 Windows 11 software updates last night.after the last one, I clicked shut down.brought it up today and was doing stuff. i got to a breakpoint and saw I needed to install another set of updates. I did that and now it doesn't recognize the PIN that I've been...
  8. My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...

My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...: I went through 2 Windows 11 software updates last night.after the last one, I clicked shut down.brought it up today and was doing stuff. i got to a breakpoint and saw I needed to install another set of updates. I did that and now it doesn't recognize the PIN that I've been...
  9. Recent windows update is messing with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent windows update is messing with my laptop: I just went on my computer and put in my pin to see there was an update that I had to do, so I let it run. When I came back, I logged into my laptop again to see it taking longer than normal to load up and the screen starts going black with only my taskbar showing and my...
  10. Recent windows update is messing with my laptop

Recent windows update is messing with my laptop: I just went on my computer and put in my pin to see there was an update that I had to do, so I let it run. When I came back, I logged into my laptop again to see it taking longer than normal to load up and the screen starts going black with only my taskbar showing and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update messed up my wifi stregths