Windows 10: Windows update KB4482887 - FULL OF BUGS!!!!

Discus and support Windows update KB4482887 - FULL OF BUGS!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It has been reported that this very recently released update was loaded with problems, but it was released by MS anyway. Further comment stated that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RICKCOE, Mar 7, 2019.

1. RICKCOE Win User

Windows update KB4482887 - FULL OF BUGS!!!!

It has been reported that this very recently released update was loaded with problems, but it was released by MS anyway. Further comment stated that they will just issue a patch at a future date. I have "uninstalled" that update, but I'm sure it will try to do it on it's own next time I do a windows update.

Meanwhile, I (STILL) no longer have Office 365 Personal on my PC. I have "MY OFFICE". This appears to be the "FREE" version being offered by MS. I spent 2-3 hours trying to restore my Office 365. I used the recovery tool-nothing. I uninstalled the "32 bit Office" program and tried reinstalling my 64 bit Office 365-nothing. I tried various options offered by MS in various sections and discussions-nothing.

My Android phone (GOOGLE) keeps telling me to enter my password to allow Microsoft Apps & Services to have complete control and access to my entire Google account. It looks like they can do whatever they want with any of my information, documents, "PHOTO'S", you name it. I am going to "un-sync" as much as possible between the two devices.

The old "system restore function" & "the do not allow automatic updates function" are GONE!!!! With system restore; I used to be able to fix anything I screwed up by mistake. Worked almost every time!!!!

Thanks for another migraine Microsoft. Windows 7 was the last time anything worked without continuous problems. Hell, I've given up trying to understand and use The Office version of 365.

MY COMPUTER IS NO LONGER ANY FUN. IT'S ONE HEADACHE AFTER ANOTHER.

:)

RICKCOE, Mar 7, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update KB4482887 - FULL OF BUGS!!!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 7, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update KB4482887 - FULL OF BUGS!!!! - Similar Threads - update KB4482887 FULL

2. Acrylic effect in Action Center is bugged after Cumulative Update KB4482887

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acrylic effect in Action Center is bugged after Cumulative Update KB4482887: The Action Center Acrylic effect only appears all of a sudden after Action Center is completely opened. During the opening animation, it has a normal transparency. This happens after installing Cumulative Update KB4482887. Please see attachment for the animation. [IMG]...
  3. 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4482887) failed to install with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4482887) failed to install with...: Hi, Finally, at the end of my tether!! 32bit Windows 10 Home. Samsung 1.6 Netbook. NP-N310 I've tried everything I can think of including System File Checker and Update Troubleshooter. Disabling firewall, anti virus, cordless mouse. Any suggestions, please?...
  4. kb4482887 repeated install in Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    kb4482887 repeated install in Update: On Mar 1 the Kb4482887 downloaded and did its install via the windows update. This laptop is not always on but it was this past 3 days and on Mar 7 noticed the update procedure taking place. It was the Kb4482887 installing again. [img] The only reference to the Mar 1 in...
  5. KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues: Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809 on March 1, 2019 officially. The update had two known issues initially which Microsoft highlighted on the official Support page on the Microsoft website. The company added a third issue to the...
  6. Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues: On March 1, 2019, Microsoft began pushing out Windows 10 KB4482887 to October 2018 Update machines. This cumulative update advances the system to Windows 10 Build 17763.348 and it comes with tons of improvements, including support for Retpoline which will eventually improve...
  7. kb4482887 cumulative update (01.03.2019) break brigtness control (win 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kb4482887 cumulative update (01.03.2019) break brigtness control (win 10): KB 4482887 installed via auto update. then brightness control does not work. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall graphic driver in my system. but there is nothing changed. the only thing that helps is to uninstall kb 4482887. I uninstalled KB 4482887 than everything is...
  8. KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809 yesterday. The update brings the build of that particular version of Windows 10 to 17763.348. Microsoft appears to test updates for the latest version of Windows 10 in the Release Preview ring...
  9. Cumulative Update KB4482887 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.348 - March 1

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4482887 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.348 - March 1: March 1, 2019 - KB4482887 (OS Build 17763.348) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809, Windows Server 2019 all versions Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4482887 Windows 10 RP Build 17763.346 - Feb. 20

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4482887 Windows 10 RP Build 17763.346 - Feb. 20: New Cumulative Update KB4482887 released to Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.346 for Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. [img] 127582
Tags: