Windows 10: Windows Update KB4532693 messed up my PC's internet receiving

Discus and support Windows Update KB4532693 messed up my PC's internet receiving in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, like many others the now infamous update KB4532693 was installed on my computer and the problem was not my account not being recognised or files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Duarte_Ribeiro, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Windows Update KB4532693 messed up my PC's internet receiving

So, like many others the now infamous update KB4532693 was installed on my computer and the problem was not my account not being recognised or files going missing...

What this update did was that my computer now connects to a Wi-Fi network but says "No internet, Secured" although my phone has internet whilst connected to the same network.

Also, when I go to uninstall the update in order to fix things, an error occurs, stating that "the updates could not be successfully uninstalled...

:)

Duarte_Ribeiro, Mar 16, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 KB4532693

Hi Tom

Yes, Microsoft have reported it is aware of Windows 10 KB4532693 critical bug that causes users files to disappear . . .

If you have not already installed that update, do not install it, if you have already installed the update and experienced no issues immediately after installing it, then there is no need to do anything, because it is stable on your PC . . .

If you have not already installed that update, and it is in the list of pending updates, you can stop that installing - download the tool from the link below, run that, in the list of pending updates, select that update and click 'Hide' that will stop windows
    from attempting to install it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

DaveM121, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Kerashi Win User
    Windows Update KB4532693 and KB4537759 Fail on Windows 10 Pro

Windows Update KB4532693 and KB4537759 Fail with error code 0x800f0845 on Windows 10 Pro, I've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. On reboot the laptop immediately goes into automatic repair and rolls back the update. Everything works fine until Windows Update checks again, and the process repeats. I have paused updates for 7 days and would like to have some sort of answer before then.

Laptop is a Sager P150SM with an Intel i7-4810MQ processor and Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M graphics.

Kerashi, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Windows Update KB4532693 messed up my PC's internet receiving

Error: 0x80073712 while installing KB4532693 update and unable to launch a Steam game

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

I understand that you are facing issues with installing updates, and launching a game from Steam. Let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if that helps.

Regarding Windows Update issue:

I would suggest you to try running
    Windows Update troubleshooter
    and see if that helps. Once you run the troubleshooter, try installing updates once again and see if it installs.

In case, the update fails again try downloading it manually. The update can be downloaded from
    Microsoft Update Catalog website

Note: If you download the wrong version of update, you will receive an error “This update is not applicable for your computer.”

If you still receive an error, I would suggest you to try running SFC scan and DISM scan. Refer the article on

Using System File Checker in Windows 10

Regarding secur32.dll:

Try re-registering the dll file using Command Prompt and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and select Run
      as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit enter:
      regsvr32 secur32.dll
    5. After the command is executed, restart the PC.

Let us know the results, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update KB4532693 messed up my PC's internet receiving

1. Windows Update KB4532693 messed up my PC's internet receiving - Similar Threads - Update KB4532693 messed

2. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  3. Update messed up pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update messed up pc: I was forced to download the latest windows update. Afterwards, my computer will randomly freeze after a period of time, and I can only move the mouse cursor. I cant even bring up task manager. I am unable to uninstall the latest update...
  4. AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,: I screwed something up big time when I went into BIOS...the shorter version: AIsuite3.exe gives me multiple termination windows, Chrome keeps telling me my connection is not secure, as well as a few other hiccups (Steam wont let me in). I tried resetting CMOS,I had the local...
  5. windows 10 KB4532693 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 KB4532693 update: why do I get update kb4532693 downloaded every day even though it shows properly installed. It has downloaded and been installed about 20 times so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-kb4532693-update/80069834-9ded-408c-9f15-a48dbbb0bb53
  6. windows 10 update KB4532693

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update KB4532693: How can I recuperate My Documents after windows 10 update KB4532693 ? I have tried everything that is on the blogs and I still cannot find My Documents anywhere on my C drive, they are gone....
  7. Windows 10 is messing up my internet

Windows 10 is messing up my internet: My laptop's internet adaptor isn't working that well, I've got a 30Mbps down and 2 Mbps up speed, with all my other devices, are able to receive between 25-30 Mbps and 20-25 during peak times, however, my laptop is receiving a consistent 2Mbps or slower. I've tried...
  8. internet is messed up

internet is messed up: so my connection's were fine until one of my friends changed my calendar to date to 1989 then later I couldn't go to sites like YouTube, Microsoft edge was useless On my desktop it when trying to into any site it says this. I've thought of reseting windows but I don't know if...
  9. Windows update messed up my Pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update messed up my Pc: Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly for an hour. With no acess to the actual desktop i cant/couldnt do anything but restart it. Now it flashes a gray desktop over...
  10. My internet is messed up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My internet is messed up: So i got a new pc with internet cable to it so the downloading speed would be higher. When i first installed some basic stuff from microsoft store i was happy because downloading speed was 10-15mbps but later when i started downloading games and stuff from internet and...
Tags: