Windows 10: Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi

Discus and support Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New to this cause I almost never have problems until now. Recent Windows update KB4551762 has broken my WiFi. I cant connect to my Uverse or even to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoWiFiForPaulie, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi

New to this cause I almost never have problems until now. Recent Windows update KB4551762 has broken my WiFi. I cant connect to my Uverse or even to Open WiFi. I have tried every tip I could find online. I have of course unplugged the router and disconnected cables. I have uninstalled the network adapter driver, dowloaded an updated driver on a relatives computer, and reinstalled the drivers. No luck.

I have deselected "Allow Windows to turn off this device to automatically save power" for the driver.

I have Disabled and re-enabled the network adapter. No luck.

I have typed in all sorts of codes in command prompt to clear and reset things, such as ip config /renew and ipconfig /release. Nothing has worked.

I have tried unistalling the update only to receive an error code that it cant uninstall everything.

I ran a Wlan report. Hard for me to understand but it identifies several things. "The driver disconnected while associating", "The specific network is not available", WLAN Autoconfig Service failed to connect to a wireless network. are a few. I don't know if this is important: Connection Mode - Automatic connection with a profile and Connection mode - Connection to a secure network without a profile. I have been reading the KB4551762 update is causing problems with profiles.

I came across a post somewhere that maybe there is some kind of mismatch between the updated windows description of the wifi network connection and the unchanged config on my router. This same post also suggested using command prompt to type in a code netfcg -d and then reboot and reinstall drivers and anything else wifi related. I am afraid to try this cause I think the code wipes everything wifi related clean and can cause problems.

I am using a Dell desktop Inspiron 3668. Network adapter is Qualcomm QCA9565 802.11b/g/n Wireless Adapter

I don't know what else to try other than to call an expensive PC repair person.

:)

NoWiFiForPaulie, Mar 24, 2020
  2. F.Farah Win User

KB4551762

Hello DarrenWelch, my name is Farah and I'm an Independent Adviser. I can help you regarding this problem

There are a new issues with this update as seen by some users, but I've never notice a power option complain yet.

to see a list with the side effect, please check this link:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft...

You can uninstall the update and observe if it gets better

Thanks!

Farah

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

F.Farah, Mar 24, 2020
  3. radiozz Win User
    windows 10 update broke my internet

I installed 2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4502584) and it broke my internet. Sometimes i cant connect to my wifi and when i can i have no internet. I tested it with different wifi, different drivers and reset them and is the Update.
    How can i fix it, i can pause it but not forever. It keep installing when i search for updates so any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks

radiozz, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi

1. Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi - Similar Threads - Update KB4551762 broke

2. Can't uninstall update kb4551762?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't uninstall update kb4551762?: [ATTACH] So earlier today my computer, while shut off, seemed to install an update despite my update services being disabled (thanks windows), but this update, which is very known for causing ungodly CPU for no reason, will not uninstall at all. I keep getting an error and...
  3. Latest update broke my Wifi

Latest update broke my Wifi: Have tried a dozen and one different troubleshooting methods floating around and it will not connect to my network. It's just the disconnected globe symbol in the tray, cannot toggle Wifi on, doing it manually within the network settings doesn't do anything, messing with...
  4. Windows update KB4551762 skipped?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4551762 skipped?: Hello, I have a problem that I can`t resolve. I need to update laptop to a new update kb4551762, but I can`t for some reason, earlier windows tried to download this update but failed 2 times, after a week I tried again updates completed, but when I checked in updates history,...
  5. Update KB4551762 download failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update KB4551762 download failure: This download has failed to install several times, failure code ox80073701, suggestions! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4551762-download-failure/06ba4ac0-0ac3-4c44-b0f2-963ed234a3ea
  6. kb4551762

kb4551762: I have 3 computers running windows 10 2 are Dell desktops and 1 is an HP laptop. The dells do not seem to be affected by the kb4551755 update, at least not that I have noticed. The laptop, however has started locking up my chrome browser. Other windows functions have stopped...
  7. Windows Update fails to install - KB4551762

Windows Update fails to install - KB4551762: While trying to update my computer either through the WUSERV or though a direct download and install, it always fails with a message along these lines; Windows Update failed to Install, undoing changes. Then the computer restarts. Please advise, SG...
  8. Not able to install Windows 10 update KB4551762

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to install Windows 10 update KB4551762: Hello, I have had the issue of not being able to install this new Windows 10 update (KB4551762) for a few days now. On restart, I get "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" I tried a manual version of disabling various update...
  9. Windows update. (KB4551762)

Windows update. (KB4551762): Hi guys, I hope you are very well today, today I have updated to the latest version (KB4551762) and when I download and then proceed to restart a blue screen appears, then Windows proceeds to make a repair and does it without any problem, and process to enter the desktop...
  10. Update KB4551762 Always Fails

Update KB4551762 Always Fails: Hi, I'm trying to install update KB4551762 but for some reason it keeps failing. It always installs 20% but then it suddenly jumps to 100% and fails with error code 0x800f0831 no matter how often I retry. I've already tried stopping and restarting all the update services,...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4551762 lost monitor