Windows 10: Windows update KB4551762 killed Display Port Connection

Discus and support Windows update KB4551762 killed Display Port Connection in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I went to bed turned off my monitor, woke up the next day and my computer was automatically updated without my approval and killed display port. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FrostySmags, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows update KB4551762 killed Display Port Connection

I went to bed turned off my monitor, woke up the next day and my computer was automatically updated without my approval and killed display port. I've used 3 different cables at this point one of them brand new just in case, HDMI works fine out of the other 2 ports on my GPU so its not that, neither of the display port connections are working. Whenever I plug in the cable the monitor flashes up and detects the connection - but shows (Display Port - No Signal). The only change from the time I turned off my monitor to when it stopped working was this update. Additionally every time I go to uninstall the update it either re-installs upon reboot (which is required to remove or so it says) or throws errors at me. I've started up in Advanced Windows Startup to try to remove the latest feature update however this also throws me an error. This is very irritating, any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to mention I attempted to use the display port cables on my other desktop that also installed the update, the same issue arises.

submitted by /u/FrostySmags
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FrostySmags, May 16, 2020

2. Anniversary Windows 10 update kills USB ports and WiFi

Dear All,

yesterday two updates were installed on my Dell Latitude E6520:

• KB3194496
    • KB3194798
    After while my cordless mouse stopped working and I also lost my Internet connection.

I've restarted PC several times with no progress.

Finally I found similar problems here:

KB3194798 kills the USB ports again...

I've tried uninstall those updates, but the problem remains.

I've tried to boot into Safe mode and - my mouse works again ! I couldn't test my WiFi as there is Airplain mode by default and it cannot be deactivated (!) But I believe the root cause is same: something has been updated, however, it wasn't undeployed
    together with uninstalling aforementioned KBs and now it is clashing.

From my observation, USB and WiFi works short time after Windows boot, but it is suddenly broken. I think so as there is list of surrounding WiFi networks after boot, which later dissapears. And when (another) laser cord mouse is plugged during boot, it
    flashes, but after while it doesn't emit any lights.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks, Jan

Jan Tošovský, May 16, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, May 16, 2020
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows update KB4551762 killed Display Port Connection

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows update KB4551762 killed Display Port Connection :)

Techtu, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows update KB4551762 killed Display Port Connection

1. Windows update KB4551762 killed Display Port Connection - Similar Threads - update KB4551762 killed

2. Can't uninstall update kb4551762?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't uninstall update kb4551762?: [ATTACH] So earlier today my computer, while shut off, seemed to install an update despite my update services being disabled (thanks windows), but this update, which is very known for causing ungodly CPU for no reason, will not uninstall at all. I keep getting an error and...
  3. Windows update KB4551762 skipped?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4551762 skipped?: Hello, I have a problem that I can`t resolve. I need to update laptop to a new update kb4551762, but I can`t for some reason, earlier windows tried to download this update but failed 2 times, after a week I tried again updates completed, but when I checked in updates history,...
  4. Update KB4551762 download failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update KB4551762 download failure: This download has failed to install several times, failure code ox80073701, suggestions! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4551762-download-failure/06ba4ac0-0ac3-4c44-b0f2-963ed234a3ea
  5. kb4551762

kb4551762: I have 3 computers running windows 10 2 are Dell desktops and 1 is an HP laptop. The dells do not seem to be affected by the kb4551755 update, at least not that I have noticed. The laptop, however has started locking up my chrome browser. Other windows functions have stopped...
  6. Windows Update fails to install - KB4551762

Windows Update fails to install - KB4551762: While trying to update my computer either through the WUSERV or though a direct download and install, it always fails with a message along these lines; Windows Update failed to Install, undoing changes. Then the computer restarts. Please advise, SG...
  7. KB4551762

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4551762: Has anyone had issues after the latest update with windows 10 power options not changeable? My display is now turning off after 30 minutes and I cannot change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4551762/db0dfb25-01cc-4e0f-824d-739f5b9fa181
  8. Not able to install Windows 10 update KB4551762

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to install Windows 10 update KB4551762: Hello, I have had the issue of not being able to install this new Windows 10 update (KB4551762) for a few days now. On restart, I get "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" I tried a manual version of disabling various update...
  9. Windows update. (KB4551762)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update. (KB4551762): Hi guys, I hope you are very well today, today I have updated to the latest version (KB4551762) and when I download and then proceed to restart a blue screen appears, then Windows proceeds to make a repair and does it without any problem, and process to enter the desktop...
  10. Update KB4551762 Always Fails

Update KB4551762 Always Fails: Hi, I'm trying to install update KB4551762 but for some reason it keeps failing. It always installs 20% but then it suddenly jumps to 100% and fails with error code 0x800f0831 no matter how often I retry. I've already tried stopping and restarting all the update services,...
Tags: