Windows 10: Windows update KB4556799

Discus and support Windows update KB4556799 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This recent update has caused my screen to flicker black and spike to 100% gpu usage every second or so. I have uninstalled the update and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrAX TaBBy, May 20, 2020.

1. Windows update KB4556799

This recent update has caused my screen to flicker black and spike to 100% gpu usage every second or so. I have uninstalled the update and even reinstalled my drivers with no fix. This has never happened to me prior and only does it on one windows profile main profile.

:)

DrAX TaBBy, May 20, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update KB4556799 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 20, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 20, 2020
  4. Windows update KB4556799

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows update KB4556799

1. Windows update KB4556799 - Similar Threads - update KB4556799

2. KB4556799 UPDATE ISSUE data loss NOT RESOLVED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4556799 UPDATE ISSUE data loss NOT RESOLVED: Hi, since a few days having received an automatically loaded WINDOWS 10 update KB4556799 we immediately got a blue screen and "lost" our data. We tried to uninstall this update unsuccessfully since it is automatically reinstalled when the computer is restarted and the same...
  3. Regarding Uninstalling Update KB4556799

Regarding Uninstalling Update KB4556799: When I try to uninstall the update KB4556799 from the control panel it does not show the uninstall option . Now what can I do now ???? Please help me.........
  4. Is there anything I should do before updating to KB4556799?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anything I should do before updating to KB4556799?: I’ve already copied all of my important documents like photos, save files on games, etc to a USB but is there anything else I should do? submitted by /u/amberjadely [link] [comments]...
  5. 2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 -...

2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 -...: ok - I thought I would put some faith in Microsoft fixing the Win10 upgrade process after the2020-05 Cumulative Update failing. Turns out after applying the 2020-06 Cumulative Update, it still fails and get a different error 0x800704c8 - this is very disappointing....
  6. New Windows update KB4556799 makes it so I can’t have internet connection

New Windows update KB4556799 makes it so I can’t have internet connection: So I downloaded the May Windows update, and after it was done I had no internet connections. I clicked troubleshoot on my internet adapter and the trouble shooter dosent work. I also tried to uninstall the new update but it says “An error has occurred. Not all of the updates...
  7. Windows 10 KB4556799 update fails to install with error code 0x800f0988

Windows 10 KB4556799 update fails to install with error code 0x800f0988: I've been all over these support pages and the looking at internet articles for weeks trying all the solutions being offered for this issue and nothing works. MSI GF65 Laptop 64 bit Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS build 18363.720 Actions taken thus far:...
  8. 2020 05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1909 x64 KB4556799

2020 05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1909 x64 KB4556799: I have tried repeatedly to install this new cumulative update. I went to the community forum and two pros tried to help me. I have done about 10 things to make it install and nothing is working. I had this same problem last year with installing that cumulative update. This...
  9. PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues: Installed this update after not using pc for months. From a cold start, i hit power button. Motherboard lights up, mouse, kb, headphones all light up and get power. But i remain at a black no signal screen. Takes literally 3-5minutes just to post. My pc usually takes...
  10. Update KB4556799 makes Windows 10 unstable on my computer.

Update KB4556799 makes Windows 10 unstable on my computer.: Hello, tl;dr Update KB4556799 is broken for some systems and the update needs to be fixed so it does not continue to cause future problems when Windows Update re-installs it. Long description: The update KB4556799 was installed on my laptop ASUS ROG G750J, i7-4700HQ,...
Tags: