Windows 10: Windows update KB4586781 causing freezes upon windows 10 start-up

Discus and support Windows update KB4586781 causing freezes upon windows 10 start-up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is it just me or the 2020-11 Cumulative KB4586781 update causes freezes upon start-up? Ever since i update my PC from KB4578968 to KB4586781 my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 10-15-5-25, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows update KB4586781 causing freezes upon windows 10 start-up

Is it just me or the 2020-11 Cumulative KB4586781 update causes freezes upon start-up?

Ever since i update my PC from KB4578968 to KB4586781 my pc would start to slow down or freeze

upon start-up since upon start up every thing work fine for a few seconds then a freeze is gonna happen

to my PC and would sometimes have to reboot my PC for it to actually respond until a freeze happens again

and i would have to reboot my PC.

I found somewhat of a fix to the freeze by uninstalling the KB4586781 then restarting then pausing my update

to a month or another month till another update comes up.

I know this because when ever my PC freezes the red light on my PC stay's on for a minute or two

without flickering or somewhat stopping it only stops whenever the PC's red light starts to turn off

then flicker normally.

:)

10-15-5-25, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows update KB4586781 causing freezes upon windows 10 start-up :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Nov 28, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

Windows update KB4586781 causing freezes upon windows 10 start-up

Windows updates causing lockup

Hi guys.

No, I cant even get the update screen. I cant find a answer on the internet.

Start -> all programs --> windows update --> check for updates.

10 seconds later, complete system lock up requiring a hard reboot. If I try to install a printer that needs to check windows update, same thing.

I even tried the windows update troubleshooter Windows Update: FAQ

Then that program 'checks for solutions online', and then hard lock again. VERY frustrating. What would be causing this?

Thema:

Windows update KB4586781 causing freezes upon windows 10 start-up

1. Windows update KB4586781 causing freezes upon windows 10 start-up - Similar Threads - update KB4586781 causing

2. Script not found upon start up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Script not found upon start up Windows 10: I just reinstalled Windows on an HP laptop and now every time I start up I get a script error that the updatewin script cannot be found and it gives the path to the Roaming area where it is supposed to be. How can I fix this?Thank you....
  3. Windows 10 freezes upon start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes upon start up: Hello! So the other day i decided to restart my pc because it was running slowly. But the reatart process took over 10 minutes, so i left the room to run errands. When i came back my pc was off and now when i try to start it freezes at the windows 10 logo with the spinning...
  4. Update KB4586781 causing black screen- can it be skipped?

Update KB4586781 causing black screen- can it be skipped?: A few weeks ago I installed the update KB4586781. After the update, the computer allowed you to log in normally, but then showed a black screen with just a cursor after logging in. Eventually the issue was resolved after I uninstalled the update from WinRE, and the computer...
  5. Multiple updates for KB4586781

Multiple updates for KB4586781: This update was first installed, successfully on 10/11/2020 but it was downloaded again yesterday 23/11/2020 and again this morning I installed it but it did not request a restart on either occasion although it stated in event viewer that it did and I performed a restart and...
  6. Problems with Windows 10 update KB4586781

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with Windows 10 update KB4586781: Just to share with the Forum that I successfully installed the latest Windows 10 cumulative update (ref number above) last Thursday, only for it to corrupt the device manager on my 1 year old laptop and also remove all networking hardware, online access and trigger multiple...
  7. Windows 10 KB4586781 fails to install and causes other bugs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4586781 fails to install and causes other bugs: Windows 10 KB4586781, which was released in the second week of November, appears to be a fairly stable release when compared to older updates but it’s also plagued with installation issues. Microsoft’s latest cumulative update doesn’t just fail to address a bug that performs...
  8. Windows update KB4586781 fails to install

Windows update KB4586781 fails to install: Installed Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.572. Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0. I have tried to install KB4586781 many times today, it always wants to restart, on restart it states Unable to install undoing changes. The error code is 0x80070005. Any assistance...
  9. Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update: Windows freezes at start-up: After installing Windows update, windows freezes at start-up showing blue Windows logo. This happened several times. Freeze can only be resolved by a cold restart....
  10. Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create a PIN upon start up of Windows 10: I would really like to know who in their right mind decided to put in this "upgrade" into Windows 10. Every time I start my computer I get that stupid, unproductive message that tells me to create a PIN. I do not want this on my PC. Shame on Microsoft for forcing this down...
Tags: