Windows 10: Windows Update KB4586871 fails to update

Discus and support Windows Update KB4586871 fails to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm working on Windows 10 Home, with 64-bit operating system. I've been trying to install the Cumulative update KB4586871, and each time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kat_1902, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Kat_1902 Win User

Windows Update KB4586871 fails to update

Hi all,

I'm working on Windows 10 Home, with 64-bit operating system. I've been trying to install the Cumulative update KB4586871, and each time it has failed. The most recent attempt to install failed with the error code 0x80070005, but every previous attempt to install has failed with the error code 0x8007000d. I have tried everything up to and including resetting my PC to fix the problem, and nothing has worked. The last time I successfully installed an update was the update KB458229 Microsoft Edge update on November 8th, and I'm sure this update problem was giving me trouble before that. If I've left out anything important that would help, please let me know.

Cheers!

:)

Kat_1902, Nov 19, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 19, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 19, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows update failing

You could try the Windows Update troubleshooter. Windows Update: FAQ

If that doesn't work then do this:

FX-GMC, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update KB4586871 fails to update - Similar Threads - Update KB4586871 fails

2. Windows update KB4586871 is not updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4586871 is not updated: I am working on Windows 10 Home, with a 64-bit operating system. I have tried to install cumulative update KB4586871 and each time it has failed. The most recent installation attempt failed with error code 0x80070005, but all previous installation attempts failed with error...
  3. Windows Update fails to update

Windows Update fails to update: I cannot get the latest update to install. I have tried: The Windows Troubleshooting Manually resetting WU components net stop / start bits and wuauserv. Chkdsk, sfc /scannow, DISM Repairhealth Scannow took about 8 hours! None work. On restart it just says, Windows is...
  4. Updates failed! - Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates failed! - Windows update: [ATTACH] Is there any way I can fix this. Pls, help! https://preview.redd.it/z6w7yj9o90561.png?width=809&format=png&auto=webp&s=e1d54f91f620bbcc63e474b646ba33355a7ea1eb submitted by /u/Historical_Ninja [link] [comments]...
  5. Failed Windows Update

Failed Windows Update: So after Downloading the most recent Windows 10 update, through the Restart Process of Installing the update, my PC runs into an error and Reverts all the changes made back to the previous version. I have tried multiple times and have run the trouble-shooter but I am not...
  6. windows update failed!

windows update failed!: it said "Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 KB4022206 32-Bit Edition - Error 0x80070643" what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failed/a49d88c9-2fad-4d57-8802-7b916ba1a2f8
  7. Windows update fails

Windows update fails: When trying to update windows it fails and says this. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-fails/272757a3-7709-4132-92c6-4c25df6b9625
  8. Windows Fails to Update

Windows Fails to Update: For quite some time now whenever I try to update windows I get an error message saying something along the lines of "Windows failed to update, resetting changes" and then it continues to attempt to update several more times before exiting and leaving me with a version of...
  9. Failed Windows update

Failed Windows update: Over the past few months I have tried to update my windows 10 to version 1903 some 20 times All fail at 60%. I have tried every suggestion without success. Disconnected every thing, removed Anti Virus software and even windows Media Creation tool all fail. Any suggestions...
  10. Windows Update Fail

Windows Update Fail: I have tried several times to run the latest install updates and they keep failing. Is there anyway someone could help me with this? Thanks Jamielee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-fail/fdde516d-74b0-4ba3-afb7-512bc3776482