Windows 10: Windows update KB4601319

Discus and support Windows update KB4601319 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This update fails to install at 98%. Error 0x800f0922/HelpMsg 2182 I have tried ALL the documented ways to fix the failure. Troubleshooters, sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekOrgill, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows update KB4601319

This update fails to install at 98%. Error 0x800f0922/HelpMsg 2182

I have tried ALL the documented ways to fix the failure. Troubleshooters, sfc scannow, DSIM,Clean Boot, Switching off Virus/Firewall, Enlarging System Reserved Partition, Deleted Files in S/W Distribution using net stop wuaserv etc etc , disconnected all USB devices.

Please advise what else I can do !!!

:)

DerekOrgill, Feb 28, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update KB4601319 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 28, 2021
  3. KB4601319 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.804 and v20H2 19042.804 Win Update

That's strange? I installed via the CAB way and it does not show up via my Windows Update installed update list, however, I can spot in in my uninstall-list for updates...

Windows update KB4601319 [​IMG]

RingTailCoon, Feb 28, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update KB4601319

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows update KB4601319

1. Windows update KB4601319 - Similar Threads - update KB4601319

2. every apps in windows 10 cant be opened after windows update kb4601319

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    every apps in windows 10 cant be opened after windows update kb4601319: my pc had a problem that it cant even run any apps, even as simple as Microsoft edge. and there is windows update that i already install which is the kb4601319. after i restart its still the same and when i want to uninstall, it said "an error occured, not all windows update...
  3. Should i update to windows 10 KB4601319 cumulative update

Should i update to windows 10 KB4601319 cumulative update: [ATTACH] I have this update on my pc in the evening. It is it safe to update or there are some bugs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-update-to-windows-10-kb4601319-cumulative/28fcfcfa-2e9f-486b-8e07-35c31b1f33b7
  4. Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update

Yet Another Issue with KB4601319 update: Yesterday, my brand new PC downloaded and installed the Windows Cumulative Update 20H2. Ever since then, it asks to be restarted to install the update and no matter how many times I restart, it continues with that nonsense. According to Windows properties, my current...
  5. Having issues with the windows update KB4601319

Having issues with the windows update KB4601319: I've been having issues with this particular update since it was first released what would happen is it would download install but then device manager wouldn't work test manager wouldn't work Windows documents wouldn't work I had nothing but trouble right across the board I...
  6. Windows update KB4601319 causing startup loop. HELP.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update KB4601319 causing startup loop. HELP.: Ever since the update came out, the laptop refuses to restart and gets stuck on the windows sign, for 8-10 hours and then crashes, goes to diagnostics and boom, can't use my laptop at all. Initially, I just postponed the updates but now I don't have the option to do that....
  7. Security update KB4601319 bug

Security update KB4601319 bug: Microsoft Security update KB4601319 is causing device manager, system configuration and some other apps to close automatically within 5 seconds of opening the same... . Uninstalling the update fixes this issue.......
  8. 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4601319)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4601319)...: This update arrived quite some time ago, a few weeks? And it has been stuck at Downloading 0% since then. I have rebooted my laptop several times, but it is always just Downloading 0%. Is this blocking other updates from coming through because I am not seeing any other...
  9. Windows Update KB4601319 error 0x80070003

Windows Update KB4601319 error 0x80070003: I am stuck in a loop of updating. I download update and restart my windows, after that it says undoing changes and no any update installs. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4601319...

2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4601319...: Hi, This is my first time posting in the Microsoft community regarding update problems. I have been getting this error for some time now and have tried the following: Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter: It found an issue in 'WaaSMedicService' and was remediated...