Windows 10: windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update

Discus and support windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer got really slow after performing this update. Programs either run sluggish or wouldn't open. Is there a bug with this update? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leo8284, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Leo8284 Win User

windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update

My computer got really slow after performing this update. Programs either run sluggish or wouldn't open. Is there a bug with this update? I uninstalled the update and windows run normal again.

:)

Leo8284, Jun 22, 2021

2. Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Very late to this one . . . but of course Windows Update slows your computer. It's not rocket science. Updates are patches . . . added code. The more code your computer is required to read and process, the longer it's going to take to do it. The more bloated the code, the more RAM it requires.

Or let me put it another way: most people update or replace their computers because they are 'getting slow'. Computers don't get tired with age - what could possibly be slowing them down?

Windows Update and driver updates are the worst culprits. And the general advice to always update software and drivers is misguided.

There are a million different configurations of PCs in the world. Microsoft and other manufacturers cannot test the software on every spec. Over time problems are discovered running software on specific hardware. e.g. Windows 10 running Firefox from an SSD, using intel HD graphics on an AMD dual core processor will hang if Adobe is installed.

Microsoft or Intel with issue a patch to fix this. This patch will installed on every machine regardless of its configuration. So, even if you don't use Firefox, have an SSD or a dual-core processor your machine will run whatever patch code to accomodate the non-compliant configuration - thus slowing the system down.

Surtsey Ana, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Do windows updates slow down the computer?

New poster revives 4 month old thread that doesnt appear to be an issue anymore one way or the other. Seems legit.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 22, 2021
  4. windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update

Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Not a clear enough question (EarthDog beat me to it while I was typing). As P4 correctly noted, while the updates are being applied, it is like performing any task on your computer, the process utilizes CPU and RAM resources which can affect the performance of other tasks that are running.

But once the update has been applied/installed, and any housekeeping is done (like a reboot), performance should return back to normal (or even improve).

Bill_Bright, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update

1. windows update kb5003537 computer slow after this update - Similar Threads - update kb5003537 computer

2. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  3. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  4. Computer slow after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slow after Windows Update: Hi everyone,In the past few weeks, I've been having some computer trouble. Every time Windows installs an update, my computer is extremely slow upon reboot. I end up having to rollback the update from the Advanced Startup menu. I ran SFC multiple times, but no integrity...
  5. Computer slow after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer slow after Windows Update: Hi everyone,In the past few weeks, I've been having some computer trouble. Every time Windows installs an update, my computer is extremely slow upon reboot. I end up having to rollback the update from the Advanced Startup menu. I ran SFC multiple times, but no integrity...
  6. windows update kb5003537 ruin my taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update kb5003537 ruin my taskbar: After installing the windows update kb5003537, my taskbar is frozen, the icons disappeared. Literally can't do antyhing.I tried everything, from rebooting, restart windows explorer on task manager, scf on command prompt and dism, but nothing worked. I didn't know what was the...
  7. Computer slow after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slow after update: After the last update I immediately noticed that my computer was taking much longer to load my starting apps. What once took 5 seconds now sometimes takes up to a minute! After a bit of use, I found that the same applied to not just startup, but everything. Loading steam,...
  8. slow computer after update

slow computer after update: i had the same issue after an update but my update number wasnt the same as the one everyone else is complaining about. i couldnt find an update to match that one. however microsoft edge had been installed on the my computer and although i am having issues with uninstalling...
  9. Slow Computer After Security Update

Slow Computer After Security Update: So on June 14th, I think, I awoke to find my PC rebooted presumably due to an update. Since that time the PC has run incredibly slow. Every component is sluggish. If I open more than a few apps, it crashes. Video conferencing is impossible. Excel takes seconds to switch...
  10. Slow computer after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow computer after Windows update: Computer running Windows 10 is slow after latest update. Opening any app, typing in Outlook, etc. is slow; I often get a "not responding" message for several seconds before something happens. I cleaned up old files, stopped some background apps; no effect....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb5003537